⇥ CHAPTER 5

season 2 episode 27

Standing in front of the Chief of Surgery in his office, Marcela's heart raced as she recalled the events of the previous day-- the one filled with screams she and her friends made at one another and, more importantly, her furiously screaming at t...

Standing in front of the Chief of Surgery in his office, Marcela's heart raced as she recalled the events of the previous day-- the one filled with screams she and her friends made at one another and, more importantly, her furiously screaming at the red intern book meant to guide them if they had any questions-- which, in the end, never gave her an answer.

How was it supposed to answer what to do if you cut an LVAD wire and the cardiothorasic surgeon meant to bring a new heart for the patient got shot outside? 

Marcela shifted the weight from one leg onto another as she stood in formation with the rest of the interns and thought back to how she got roped into the mess.

Marcela tapped a finger to her bottom lip, lost in thought as she stared at the options in front of her-- the vending machine was full which meant she could get all of the options she wanted or just the one she really wanted. 

As Marcela tilted her head and glanced at the options once more, she grew obvious to the sound of George's sneakers squeaking against the floor before he reached her and grabbed her arm, "Marcy!"

"What?" Marcela asked, bringing a hand to her ear since he had directly screamed into it. Her eyebrows frowned as her eyes flickered between his, noticing they carried a vast amount of anxiety, "What happened?"

George thickly swallowed as he evened his breathing and nodded at her, "It's Denny."

"I cut the LVAD wire." Izzie interrupted the silence, looking directly into the Chief's eyes with no regret of her actions.

"Actually..." Meredith began, remembering the plan the interns agreed to, "I cut the LVAD wire."

"No," George denied Meredith's statement, "I did it. I'm the one who cut the wire."

With a not-so-subtle nudge from George, Cristina sighed, "Fine." She nodded, "I cut the LVAD wire." Marcela looked down at the floor nervously before Cristina nudged the girl and whispered, "If I have to do it, you do, too--"

"I did it." Marcela spoke up, her accent coming through with her words as she spoke due to her nervousness, "I-I cut the LVAD wire."

Alex glanced at Marcela before he shook his head at the Chief, "I didn't do it. I'm totally innocent."

The interns all looked at Alex as Meredith scoffed, "Alex."

Marcela grabbed onto Alex's arm as she shook her head, "Are you kidding me?"

"That's not the point." George scoffed. 

"We made an agreement." Cristina reminded, making Alex raise his hands in surrender.

"I didn't even--"

"I told you guys this was a bad idea." Izzie interrupted Alex as Marcela opened her mouth to say something.