⇥ CHAPTER 10

season 3 episode 7

The four female interns stared at the O

The four female interns stared at the O.R. board in front of them with their arms crossed as they thoughts about their male counterparts, "Derek's camping--" Meredith began, a smile on her face as she swung side-to-side in one spot, "taking time, getting space."

"And so is Alex," Marcela added, shrugging as she read the surgeries on the board, "for some reason."

"Prestons do not go into the woods." Cristina shook her head, "A guy named Preston is gonna get his ass kicked by a squirrel."

Marcela held in a laugh as Izzie chuckled, "It's basically a slumber party." Izzie compared, "They do it outside, we do it inside. That's really the only difference."

"Have you seen what's his face?" Mark asked, sliding in front of the interns with a smile as Marcela looked away, hoping to find an exit route since she had tried to avoid the man since he arrived.

"Alex Karev." Izzie corrected with a pointed look. 

"Poor bastard seems to get a thrill out of tagging along after me." Mark held a smug smile before laughing lightly.

"He's camping." Marcela spoke, squinting at the attending for teasing her friend.

"Well, in that case," Mark smiled, making the other three interns look between the two as Mark and Marcela stared at each other, the latter giving the other a squint, "how'd you like to get a thrill out of tagging along after me?"

Marcela scoffed, "In your dreams-- Dr. Bailey makes the assignments."

"Looks like dreams are coming true today because Dr. Bailey says it's fine." Dr. Bailey answered in the third-person before nodding at the intern, making Marcela's eyes widen, horrified, as Mark smiled, thankful, "Go."

Marcela's accent peered through her voice as she stuttered, "B-But I can do more charting--"

"You heard your resident, Sweets." Mark noted as he nodded his head for her to follow him before walking away.

Marcela looked at the girls as she whispered and walked behind Mark, "Help me."

Izzie let out a chuckle as she waved, "Good luck!"

"After you." Mark smiled, letting Marcela, who's face held a scowl, enter the elevator before him.

"Just so you know," Marcela began as Mark pressed the button to go to the plastics floor, "there are going to be rules from now on."

"Rules?" Mark asked, a teasing smirk on his face as he glanced at her.

"Yes." Marcela nodded, not taking up any of Mark's teasing, "Number one--"

"Can I just say how nice your hair looks down?" Mark complimented, leaning against the elevator wall closest to Marcela.