⇥ CHAPTER 24

season 3 episode 22

"Oh, cheer up." Marcela commented, noticing Alex's sulking figure going up the stairs to meet her as she chewed on a cookie Mark had delivered when visiting, "What's got you all down?" 

"Addison. Ava. It's all..." Alex face-planted onto Marcela's couch as he groaned into the cushions.

"I hear ya'." Marcela nodded, flipping to the next index card, "But tell me," She placed the dessert and cards down to walk up to the couch before lifting Alex's face, "what's up?"

Alex exhaled, "Ava told me about this sex-bet thing Addison and Mark have going on—"

"W-What sex-bet thing?" Marcela questioned, quirking a brow as her teasing smile dropped.

Alex, momentarily forgetting she had begun to like the man, explained, "He has to go sixty days without sex to prove himself— well, they both do, and it doesn't matter now 'cause Addison slept with me and now she's moving onto me since Mark admitted to breaking it."

Marcela blinked, dropping his head as she walked around to join him on the couch, "Well then..."

"Oh, crap." Alex spoke, rushing to turn his head to his friend with an apologetic glance, "Marcy—"

"I'm fine." Marcela shrugged, sinking into the couch with her arms folded in front of her as she frowned, "I knew he still liked her."

Landing his eyes on her bed, he quirked a brow, "When did you get cookies—?" He glanced at her, "And—?"

"Have them." Marcela waved a hand, landing her eyes on the table with a sigh, "I'm not hungry anymore."

Meredith, upset on her latest conversation with Derek that involved her telling him she was ready for commitment while he continuously questioned why she didn't swim, flickered through the channels as Izzie yawned, joining her, "It's three in the morning. What are you doing up?"

Meredith sighed before asking her the same thing with a smile, "What are you doing up?"

Izzie exhaled, "I can't sleep."

"What are we watching?" Marcela and Alex chorused while the former took a seat in the chair closest to the couch and Alex sat on the last open spot in it. 

"Why can't you two sleep?" Izzie questioned, turning her head to face the two.

"No reason." Alex answered, staring straight into the television as he thought over his feelings.

"I don't want to face a certain someone tomorrow." Marcela responded, sighing deeply as she sunk on the chair, "So, what are we watching?"

"I don't know." Meredith replied honestly, flickering through the channels again as they all moped.