⇥ CHAPTER 4

season 2 episode 21

Marcela grabbed the hair tie she had used to keep her hair up before pulling it out of her brunette hair and brought her head back, trying to soothe the pain from having it up all day

At the sound of a chuckle, she moved her head over to see Alex, "O'Malley..." the man began, his anger from being broken up with at a peak as he glanced over to George, "you are a sad excuse for a man."

George removed his white doctor coat as he frowned his eyebrows, not knowing what brought this on, "Excuse me?" 

Marcela took a step forward to Alex, trying to defuse the bomb that would go off, "Alex--"

"I know you heard me." Alex scoffed, throwing daggers at George with his eyes as Marcela placed a hand on his arm.

"Alex," She tried again, despite not knowing why he was angry, "not the time."

"I don't care." Alex stared at Marcela before his eyes went back to George, "You're like a whiny little girl."

As Marcela quietly spoke to Alex, trying to tell him to cut it out since George was still going through everything that happened with Meredith, Meredith's eyes went to Alex's as she spoke, "Alex..."

"You know why he's not speaking to you." Alex's eyes averted from Marcela and onto Meredith, "Because he's not over you. Man," Alex looked over at George and slowly approached him, making Marcela quickly grab her things since she knew eventually Alex would walk away and not want to go back to the locker room, "you got laid. It went badly. A man would move on. But you-- you mope around this place like a dog that likes to get kicked. You make me sick! And if it wouldn't get me thrown outta the program, I'd smash your pathetic little face--" He slammed his hand onto the locker next to George, "right into that locker."

Alex walked away abruptly, just as Marcela had predicted, and the remaining interns in the room all stood frozen as they dissected what had just happened.

"Stupid." Marcela cursed in a Spanish whisper before she looked at George, who was looking down at the ground, "George," her accent appeared softly in her words, "I'm sorry he's taking it out on you, he had a tough night, I'm gonna go see what it's about." Marcela held her bag tightly to her as she jogged down the hall to a fuming Alex, "What--"

"She's leaving me for a walking corpse." Alex informed as they entered the stairwell, isolated from any and all doctors and nurses.

Marcela looked back and forth between Alex's eyes that gleamed with tears before she spoke, "...Want me to kick her ass?"

Alex scoffed with a sniffle, "You can't--"

"I can't." Marcela nodded, "But you're hurting and if it helps to, I don't know," She shrugged, "pull her hair? I'll do it." Alex sighed before taking the bag of his things that Marcela handed out to him, "Look, I'll drive, we'll hang out at your apartment and complain about life and then we'll drown in our studies, okay?"

Alex looked at Marcela as he softly nodded before the two descended down the stairs together, "This sounds like a girl thing--"

"Do you want to hang out or not?"

"Fine." Alex agreed, acting reluctant as he rolled his eyes before he looked back at her, "Thanks, Marcy."

"You're welcome."

✶✶✶

marcela calling alex un estupido pendejo is the reason i live and breathe ✨ LMAOOO and aye :} it's the first time we see her speaking spanish and DOUBLE AYE BECAUSE IT'S A DOUBLE UPDATE AND IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE! 👁