⇥ CHAPTER 15

season 3 episode 12

"Why don't you just ask Burke about the hand yourself?" Meredith asked, looking over at Cristina as the friends began to ignore the surgery in front of them to converse in the gallery

"I am not talking to him." Cristina informed Meredith before slyly looking over at Marcela with slanted eyes, "I'm hoping someone could tell me--"

"I'm not telling you, Cristina." Marcela immediately responded, not looking over as she continued, "Just ask him yourself."

"Oh, whatever," Cristina rolled her eyes, "he owes me."

Meredith quirked a brow, "What?"

"Oh," Cristina sighed, "I don't know."

"So you're together," Alex pieced together, "but you don't talk to each other?" Cristina nodded, which made Alex release a small laugh, "I wish I could find that in a woman."

Marcela frowned her brows at him as Meredith leaned forward and asked, "Hey, how's it going with Addison?"

Alex, who had, on the previous night, almost kissed Addison, began to stammer, "What? What? Why-- Why-- Why would you... what-- what-- what do you-- what do you mean by that?"

"Laura Grey." Meredith informed with confusion in her eyes that matched the one on her friends, "tiny baby."

"Laura." Alex breathed out with slight relief, "The baby. RIght. She's, uh, she's, um, doing fine. She's doing well." He looked down at the surgery as Marcela hid a smirk, looking at him with it, "I gotta get out of gynie, though. I gotta get back to Sloan."

Marcela, who was sitting next to Alex, smugly whispered, "You like her~"

"Shut up, I do not" Alex shook his head.

Izzie frowned her brows, "You know Spanish?"

"I know a few key words after hearing her ranting in Spanish." Alex admitted, sliding down in his chair as he felt their gazes on him. 

Cristina squinted at the man, "What are you plotting, and can I get in on it?"

"Shut up." Alex shook his head before leaving, not wanting to be embarrassed anymore. 

Izzie looked at Marcela, "What'd you say?"

"Nothing." Marcela shook her head, sipping on her coffee, "I--"

"No." George muttered to himself, looking down at his pager as dread filled his body before he abruptly stood and left, rushing out an "Excuse me."

Marcela's eyes widened slightly as her eyes met Izzie's before they dragged over to Meredith, who's pager beeped crazily. Meredith read out the name on her pager to inform the three, "Mr. O'Malley."

Izzie looked at Meredith, "9-1-1?"

Meredith nodded as she began to exit the room and sprint. filling the room with dread, "Yeah."