⇥ CHAPTER 13

season 3 episode 10

"Whatever she gets," Alex began, referring to Cristina's punishment as he put on his scrub shirt, "I hope it's bad, really bad

"Whatever she gets," Alex began, referring to Cristina's punishment as he put on his scrub shirt, "I hope it's bad, really bad."

"She made a mistake." Meredith defended, hoping to get her friends to understand as Marcela placed her hair in a ponytail.

"And she wrote on the board." Marcela muttered as George told Meredith something about Cristina's mistake leading to Burke almost operating on his father with a shaky hand, "I want to write on the Board."

"I'll get you a Board and a marker for your apartment if it gets you to stop complaining, hmm?" Alex suggested, making Marcela flick him upside the head as the two walked out of the locker room for rounds. 

"Idiot." She commented, squinting at him as the sound of squeaky sneakers approached them. 

"Hey, Marce--" George started before Alex stood in front of Marcela, practically defending her from him as Marcela rolled her eyes at the action.

"Yeah, George?" Marcela asked, wondering why he had ran up to her.

"I..." He inhaled, side-eyeing Alex before he resumed, "I'm sorry."

"How come Cristina got to work on George's father's case when she was covering for Burke this entire time?" Marcela complained, walking down the hallway with her intern friends, excluding Meredith and Cristina, as their resident lead the way in front of them.

"Dude," Alex added, "I wanted that surgery, and she hands it to Yang." He scoffed, "I haven't had a cardiac case in ages."

"It's not a case." George corrected, "It's my father."

"Who's going down to surgery today." Marcela interjected, "One of us, excluding you, could've been there."

"I guess there's a double standard now." Izzie informed with a sigh, "Yang does something wrong, she gets rewarded. That's fair."

"Yeah." George scoffed, shaking his head at the absurdity.

"Maybe that's the only way to get into cases nowadays," Marcela joked, looking at Alex as Izzie and George continued to complain, "sleeping with attendings."

"Well then you're covered since you have Mark." Alex added, making Marcela gag before she hit his arm.

"Don't even joke about that." She rolled her eyes before looking around, "He probably has nurses and doctors around that will run to him if they hear you."

"If you thumb suckers don't stop whining," Bailey interrupted the separate conversations, "I swear I won't show you what's behind this door, and trust me, you want to see what's behind this door." The interns glanced at each other with intrigued eyes before nodding at Dr. Bailey-- who showed them the case they were on. Conjoined twins.