⇥ CHAPTER 17

season 3 episode 14

"Okay," Bailey began, leading the interns into the newly constructed clinic, "welcome to the Denny Duquette Memorial Clinic

"Okay," Bailey began, leading the interns into the newly constructed clinic, "welcome to the Denny Duquette Memorial Clinic. Barring any surgical emergencies, you will be working here today."

Cristina, along with everyone else, looked around before clearing her throat, "Working on what?"

"Right now," Bailey answered, "Olivia will be familiarizing you with the protocol for the flu vaccine." 

"Alex," Marcela whispered, nudging his arm as she caught him looking through supplies behind them, "stop."

"Oh, no, no, no." Izzie shook her head once she turned around, trying to stop Alex from touching her supplies-- which made Marcela nod her head and hesitate from saying an 'I-told-you-so', "Don't-- don't-- don't touch that. That was seventy-nine dollars."

"Yeesh." Marcela whispered under her breath, looking around, "I can't imagine Izzie literally had eight million dollars a week ago."

"I'd imagine you'd buy all the cookies in the world." Alex joked with a chuckle, making her squint at him, "What? You know I'm right."

"Oh, my God." Cristina groaned, looking at the two friends, "I have got to get out of here. Burke has a bloodless pulmonary valve translocation flying in from Denver tomorrow. I should be preparing."

"You don't get to scrub in on the valve translocation." Alex stated, making the two women frown their brows. 

"How do you know?" Cristina asked with a scoff.

Alex smiled smugly, "Because I am."

"Okay," Marcela rose her hands in surrender, not wanting to hear their arguing, "I'm going to go check on Izzie." Marcela walked over to the Nurse's Station to join Bailey and Izzie, "Hey, Iz..." She frowned her eyebrows upon seeing Izzie's unrelenting gaze on the front door, "...Dr. Bailey, is she okay?"

"She's watching the door, De La Cruz." Bailey assured, writing down a few notes on her chart.

"Oh... okay..." Marcela blinked, looking away from Izzie as she began to tap her fingers in a bored manner against the desk, simply waiting for Olivia to arrive to start the protocol training.

"Dr. Bailey," Mark announced as he and Dr. Webber entered the room, "congratulations on the opening of the clinic."

"It is open, isn't it?" The Chief questioned, looking around at the empty beds. Bailey gave him a squint until his eyes landed on Izzie, who continued to stare at the doors, "Is Stevens all right?"

Bailey nodded as Mark slid next to Marcela by the Nurse's Station, knowing she had dazed off from boredom, "Here." He spoke, making her jump lightly at the noise, "You okay?"

"Fine." Marcela answered, grabbing the cookie he offered her with a smile, "Just bored-- I-I mean, excited." She corrected, sending Bailey a thumbs-up to try and show off her enthusiasm, to which the resident squinted at her, "It's an exciting day for everyone because t-the clinic is opening."