⇥ CHAPTER 14

season 3 episode 11

"Cristina is non-stop on my ass about Burke

"Cristina is non-stop on my ass about Burke." Marcela groaned, stabbing her fork into her salad before exhaling, "And every time I go to Meredith's house to study for the intern exam, I see Izzie's check--"

"Intern exam?" Alex asked before scoffing, "You're studying without me?"

"I am studying with and without you." Marcela added, once again stabbing her fork down, "And each time I go, I invite you but you say you're busy."

"They're showing wrestling matches at the time you want to go." Alex defended, chewing down on his sandwich before he spoke with his food in his mouth, "Sloan's acting like a jerk."

"Mm." Marcela nodded, "More so than usual or--?"

"Yeah." Alex nodded, "I don't know... Addison said he's 'allowed to be a jerk' this week, but I'm not sure why-- there seems to be some history there."

"Ooh." Marcela hummed, eyebrows raised slightly, "I'm intrigued."

"Then try to find out what if is so I can get on his good side again for plastics." Alex reasoned, sighing as he looked down at his food, "I can' deal with more coffee runs."

"Sure." Marcela shrugged, "How hard can it be?"

"I give up." Marcela admitted, face-planting onto Alex's couch after she entered his apartment as he exited from the kitchen.

"On what?" Alex asked, entering the living room.

"Talking to Mark." Marcela continued, lifting her head up to look at him, "I tried to talk to him each time I passed him and he kept grumpily walking away-- which is out of character since I'd usually expect a compliment or a greeting, but now I'm getting nothing."

"Poor you." Alex sarcastically retorted as he sat down next to her, "He's treating you like every other intern.

She squinted at the man, "And he's never treated me like one, which is why it's weird."

"Maybe he's over you?" Alex suggested, switching through channels on the television.

Marcela frowned her eyebrows, "He's never been into me-- he's into Addison."

"Mm." Alex nodded, "Whatever helps you sleep at night."

Marcela squinted at him, "Jerk."

Alex quirked a brow, "What?"

"I said pass me a glass of lemonade if you have any." Marcela lied with a smile, adjusting herself to sit up on the couch.

Alex squinted his brows together, "No, you didn't--"

"Well, can you?"

"Mark." Addison called out to the man upon passing him, causing him to halt in his footsteps. She inhaled lightly as she stopped in front of him, "I'm sorry you're hurting."

Mark stared at the ground before he painfully looked up at her, "You're sorry I'm hurting or you're sorry?" And with silence as his answer, he sighed heavily before walking away as she felt a slight ounce of regret of her words once more.

"Mark!" Marcela smiled cheerfully, quickly approaching him once he turned the other way, "I-I got you a--"

Mark began as he stopped in his steps, "Listen, De La Cruz--"

"'De La Cruz'?" Marcela asked, her smile faltering for a second before she lifted it back up in slight confusion, "It's usually 'Sweets' with you--"

"I'm not in the mood to talk." Mark informed, staring at the wall behind her, "So if you could leave me alone for this week, I'll be--"

"I got you a bone dry cappuccino." Marcela added with a smile, extending the cup of coffee towards him, "I know Alex messed it up for you this morning--"

He inhaled sharply before grabbing the cup and began to walk away, "Thanks."

"Oh." Marcela whispered to herself as she watched him walk away before clearing her throat, wondering what was going wrong with Mark, "Y-You're welcome!"

✶✶✶

i know this chapter is short but next chapter is 👁👁YOU GET TO SEE MORE ABOUT MARCY'S BACKSTORY, MARK SAD TIMES, ALEX AND MARCELA FEUDING A BIT, ETC. ETC. I DON'T WANNA SPOIL BUT 👁👁

i'm excited :}}