⇥ CHAPTER 3

season 2 episode 19

Marcela's eyes caught onto George and Meredith's awkward tension as George walked away from her, "

Marcela's eyes caught onto George and Meredith's awkward tension as George walked away from her, "...Are we going to act like we don't see this happening?"

"Fifty bucks says O'Malley caught her doing Mark Sloan." Alex betted after Marcela spoke, making the latter let out a laugh and Izzie smack both of their arms.

"There's something going on." Izzie noted, "I mean, look at them."

"All right," Alex leaned closer to Izzie, making Cristina and Marcela hold in a groan at their love, "he walked in on her doing McDreamy." Marcela, Cristina, and Izzie let out a chuckle, "...Did I just call that dude 'McDreamy'?"

"Oh," Cristina chuckled, "you know you did."

"Awesome." Alex sarcastically commented before leaning closer to Izzie, "You are ruining my life." 

"And you two are ruining my single morning." Marcela added as she took a sip from her coffee.

"Get a room." Cristina nudged Alex as she walked away with Izzie and Marcela's eyes widened as an idea popped into her head.

"Twenty bucks says George and Meredith slept together." Marcela spoke, sitting down next to Alex since the space was now empty. After hearing the words come out of her mouth, she sighed as Alex laughed, "Yeah, I'm gonna lose my money."

"Denny's not going to 'steal' Izzie from you." Marcela assured Alex as the two walked down the hall, "He's a patient and she's a doctor."

"Mm." Alex hummed in disagreement before the two caught sight of Meredith, sulking in a chair by the corner-- making the two walk towards her, "What are you doing?"

"Hey, Mer." Marcela greeted as she sat down.

Meredith smiled in greeting towards Marcela before sighing as she responded to Alex's question, "Hiding."

"All right," Alex sat down next to Marcela with a shrug, remembering Marcela's bet in the morning as he joked, "so you slept with O'Malley. Get over it already."

Meredith looked at the two with frowned eyebrows, "He told you?"

Marcela and Alex froze in shock as the latter of the two stammered, "Uh... no."

Alex began to laugh as Marcela tilted her head, "Did-- I-- what?" Her eyes widened, "Y-You actually slept with George?"

Alex chuckled, "I was just kidding, but hey." Alex pulled out a twenty from his pocket and handed it to Marcela, who was still in disbelief, "Looks like you won twenty dollars, Marcy."

"Won?" Meredith asked, confusion in her face.

"What?" Marcela questioned as she grabbed the twenty quickly and stuffed it into her pocket before she shook her head at Meredith, "Nothing, pft, nothing happened."