⇥ CHAPTER 21

season 3 episode 18

"How'd you sleep?" Marcela asked, walking down the steps from the attic of Meredith's house as she smiled up at Alex, the the two on their way to the bathroom

"Like a babe." Alex responded, taking a bite out of his bagel before handing a piece to Marcela.

"Ooh." Marcela grinned, eating the piece of bagel, "Me, too— I finally don't have to worry about muggers jumping into my apartment."

Alex chuckled, remembering the old apartment building they lived in before Meredith generously invited them to stay at her house after the drowning incident. Alex then opened the bathroom door, showing Izzie's unclothed figure that the two paid no attention to.

"Alex! Marce—" Izzie quickly wrapped the towel around herself as she rolled her eyes, "God."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Alex waved a hand as he brushed her aside, "Seen it all before."

"Not interested." Marcela added, walking over to the sink to brush her teeth.

Izzie gaped, "What the hell are you two doing here?"

"Moving in." The two chorused, prompting Izzie to frown her brows.

"What?!"

"He is in George's room," Izzie complained as Marcela opened her locker, "and when George's stupid marriage crashes and burns," Marcela and Meredith hid their eye rolls at Izzie's rants, "he's gonna want to move back in, and he won't be able to. His life will be in a shambles, he'll finally notice that his Dad is dead and he made a fool out of himself by marrying somebody he doesn't really love, and he'll have no place to go. Is that what you want?"

Meredith turned around before smiling sarcastically at Izzie, "That's exactly what I want."

Izzie scoffed before looking at the other intern, "Marce—"

"Don't involve me in this because you know I'm not on your side." Marcela deadpanned, removing her coat to place it inside her locker as she offered a glare towards Izzie, "His marriage with Callie should be none of your concern. I don't understand why you're so pent up about it— they're happy, he's happy, and I know you don't care but she's also happy and the only one pissy about it is you."

"She's got a point." Meredith agreed while Izzie, gaping at her two friends, turned back around to her own locker as Alex, George, and Cristina filed in.

"Hey," Alex joked, looking at Izzie, "look who found some clothes."

Marcela chuckled as Izzie rolled her eyes and told him, "Shut it."

"There's a break at T-12." Marcela added, looking at the scans with Callie as George continued to interrogate his wife.