⇥ CHAPTER 27

season 4 episode 1

Smiling to herself, Marcela lightly hummed a tune, writing small notes on her patient's chart as she patiently waited for her interns to meet her— thinking over the speech she would give them

"Boo!" Timothy shouted, poking Marcela's nose with his frosting-covered finger— taking advantage of the fact she was distracted, "Gotcha!"

"Rude." Marcela reprimanded with a soft smile, cleaning her nose with the napkin he offered her as she landed her eyes on him, "I see you've gotten the cupcakes I left with Callie yesterday."

"Yes, I did." Timothy grinned, taking a bite out of his favorite dessert as he stepped around the Nurses' Station, joining her as he chuckled, "And I missed you—"

Marcela quirked a brow, "You saw me yesterday."

"I've missed you inside the hospital." Timothy clarified, playfully squinting at her for cutting him off, "I didn't have the 'Batman' to my 'Robin' and I felt lost."

It was now Marcela's turn to squint at him, grinning as she tilted her head, "Are you sure you're not Batman?"

Timothy shook his head, leaning down to meet her eyes as he winked, "Nope." His eyes moved away from hers as she glanced down at his lips— whispering, he spoke and brought Marcela back to reality, "Incoming interns."

"Perfect timing." Marcela remarked, looking over her shoulder before she went back to writing, waiting for them to approach her instead of the other way around.

Timothy quirked a brow, "Are you doing the speech Karev told you to do?"

"And copy off of Bailey like the rest of them?" Marcela joked, lightly laughing as she grew oblivious to Timothy's eyes, and their gaze on her lips, "'Course not, I planned my own speech." She faced him again and frowned her brows, "Tim?"

"I-I'm gonna go now." Timothy nodded, blinking as he backed away before smiling at her, "Good luck with the new ones."

"Thanks..." Marcela muttered, turning around to face her interns, a friendly smile on her face to ease their nerves, "Names?"

"S-Steve Mostow." One intern from the far right greeted— he held an awkward smile and a hand that hesitated, almost as if he was contemplating shaking Marcela's hand, either way, he cleared his throat and landed his eyes to the right.

"Oh— Mina Park." The intern smiled, her almond eyes crinkling at the ends as she lightly waved, excitement beaming off of her.

"Anna Pereria." The curly brunette waved with pursed lips, nodding her head as if she were agreeing with something although the action was more with the intent to comfort herself than anything else.

"Lexie Grey." The short-haired brunette at the other end grinned, eyes slightly widened— afraid if her resident would yell at any second while Marcela's eyes slightly enlarged, noticing the last name before clearing her throat.