⇥ CHAPTER 16

season 3 episode 13

"George has turned into a sex machine

"George has turned into a sex machine." Izzie warned, stepping into the intern locker room to stare at her friends before she heavily sighed upon their lack of responses, "We have to do something. What's wrong with you people?"

"Well, what do you want us to do?" Marcela asked Izzie, putting her scrub shirt on, "Sleep with him?"

Izzie squinted at her as Alex let out a laugh and Meredith, who was lying down on the bench, began to speak, "Derek kept me up all night with his ranting. Cristina and Burke still are not speaking to each other. Alex is too busy with Fetal and Marcela's too busy with Sloan."

"Don't say it like that." Marcela scrunched her nose, "I'm on his service today and--"

"Are you getting him coffee? Breakfast? Food? Laundry? Dry-cleaning?" Alex listed, quirking a brow as Izzie and Meredith had a conversation. Marcela shook her head, "Then you're busy with Mark."

Marcela scoffed, "No--"

"If you're not being his assistant, you're hanging around with him." Alex reasoned before shrugging, "At least you get to learn something other than how he likes his coffee."

Marcela's eyes turned to slants before she whispered to him, "At least I'm not stuck with a woman who refuses to acknowledge the fact I kissed her--"

As Alex went to cover her mouth with his hand, George entered the room at the exact moment with curious eyes, "Hey," He greeted, "anyone seen Callie? I kinda need her for something."

"Dr. Sloan!" Marcela called out, walking over to the man that was about to walk away from the Nurse's Station before hearing her voice. Once she reached him, she smiled, "So what are we tackling on today? Rhinoplasty, conjoined--"

"I've actually asked to have your friends on my service and you," Mark bobbed his head towards Callie, who was talking to a nurse at the end of the hallway as Meredith and Alex approached him, "can hang out with Dr. Torres on ortho."

"Oh." Marcela frowned her brows before nodding, "All right then, I'm off."

"Dr. Sloan," Alex started, "this is a pleasant surprise--"

"Well, let's just get this over with, hmm? Don't exactly want my last day to be irritating with you two asking questions." Mark stated before walking off, holding onto their patient's chart in his arm as the two interns shared a look of confusion before following after him. 

"Last day?" Meredith questioned in a whisper, unaware of the recent news, "What's that about?"

Alex shrugged, "I don't know." His eyes drifted over to Marcela, who was cheerily chatting with Torres, "But I don't think he told her."