⇥ CHAPTER 18

season 3 episode 15

"Am I the only one who thinks this triage test is a waste of time?" Alex asked, looking at his group of friends as Marcela leaned against the lockers and wrote notes in her intern book

"Am I the only one who thinks this triage test is a waste of time?" Alex asked, looking at his group of friends as Marcela leaned against the lockers and wrote notes in her intern book. His eyes eventually trailed off to Marcela, who he knew would pay attention to his words, "There's a platysmaplasty on the board. I have Sloan all prepped to let me scrub in."

Marcela practically froze at his words before she gave him a sympathetic look, "Alex–"

"Don't tell me." Alex internalized a groan as he glared at the girl, "He let you in?"

"...And let me write on the board." Marcela added, trying to hide her joy as Alex nodded.

"You're ruining my life, you know." Alex spoke, glaring at Marcela in a semi-joking manner.

Marcela rose her hands in surrender, "Sorry."

"Attention, people." The Chief announced, walking into the E.R. in the middle of triage training, "Look, I'm sorry. I have to interrupt the session for a moment."

"Chief," Sydney called out as she remarked, "I like your new hair." Alex and Marcela gave each other a knowing look as the latter made a face to show how Sydney was sucking up, making the other hold in a laugh, "It really brings out your eyes."

Bailey deadpanned at Sydney before asking the Chief, "Do you need something, sir?"

"We just received word of a mass casualty incident nearby." Webber informed, "All available level one trauma centers have been asked to respond. I need to send a team into the field immediately."

"Is this a part of the exercise?" Cristina asked, looking at the other doctors for confirmation before her eyes settled on the Chief, "Are we supposed to act appropriately, uh, tense?"

"This is not an exercise or a drill, Yang." The Chief clarified, "This is an emergent situation and I need all hands on deck."

Izzie tried to hide a smile as she looked at the other interns in disbelief, "Seriously?"

Bailey, who wanted to know more about the case, step forward and asked, "What happened?"

The Chief cleared his throat, "I don't have details, just orders."

Marcela's eyebrows rose at the statement before she looked over at Alex, "Looks like we both won't be scrubbing in."

"Georgie," Marcela called out, making the man bring his head up with a glare pointed at her as Marcela offered a smile, "gloves, please." 

"Here." George exhaled, handing a handful of gloves before lightly smacking her arm with one.