⇥ CHAPTER 22

season 3 episode 19

"Oh, my God." Marcela repeated, eyes wide as she stared at a point on the table as Izzie cooked, hoping to convince the girl not to say anything with food, "Oh, my God—"

"Please," Izzie begged, running a hand through her face, "stop saying—"

"Oh, my G—!"

"Not any louder." Izzie interrupted, turning around quickly to face the woman, "You already woke up Alex before he decided to go back to bed after you lacked to give him a response and I shut the door— and I don't exactly want you to wake up Cristina or Meredith either. Or George," She exhaled, "who is still sleeping somehow." Her eyes met Marcela's in a plea, "No one needs to know."

"I beg to differ." Marcela began, "George needs to know what he's done— even if it was while he was drunk because he deserves to know what he's done so, most importantly, he can tell Callie, who needs to know—"

Izzie sighed, "Come on—"

"She has been nothing but faithful and supportive," Marcela deadpanned, "and she is currently waiting for her doting husband to come home and apologize for always choosing his friends over her since one of them," She pointed at Izzie, "cannot keep her mouth shut about how her marriage is a sham— and by the way—"

"Wow." Meredith commented as she entered the kitchen with Cristina— prompting Izzie to immediately rush over and cover Marcela's mouth, making the girl try to fight her off, "You and George were really going at it last night."

Marcela began to laugh hysterically, finding the situation as a nightmare as Izzie coughed on air, releasing the girl, "What?"

"Oh, the laughing, the drinking, the music— okay, you know what? Nobody, meaning me, needs to hear George's rendition of 'sexy back' at three in the morning." Cristina exhaled before frowning her brows at Marcela, "What's wrong with her?"

"Nothing." Marcela assured, calming herself from her laughs as she got up from her seat and began to walk away, "I need to get to work."

Izzie's eyes trailed after the woman, "Marcela!"

"I have business to attend to!"

"Morning, Sweets." Mark greeted, watching as the woman, mortified as her mind thought back to the image of Izzie and George together plagued her mind, entered the elevator.

"Morning..." Marcela trailed off, retreating to the corner in the elevator as her hand clasped tightly to the handle of her bag, thinking over how she'd tell one of her favorite residents her husband slept with someone else.

Seeing as it was only the two of them on the elevator waiting for it to arrive at their floor, Mark frowned his brows before stepping in front of the intern, speaking in a soft voice, "You okay?"