⇥ CHAPTER 6

season 3 episode 1 & 2

"Me?" Marcela asked, frowning her eyebrows in vast confusion, "Why me?"

Alex whispered as Cristina, George, and Meredith walked away from the bathroom, "You've had experience losing someone you love--"

"That was my sister." Marcela noted, "Not a cardio patient who I was willing to jeopardize my career for--"

"Please." Alex pleaded, "As a favor."

Marcela squinted at the man before she nodded her head at him to follow the rest, "Fine."

Alex smiled before grabbing Marcela's face to plant a kiss on her forehead, "Thank you." He quickly spoke before turning around to ran away before Marcela could hit him as she took a breath, mentally preparing herself to enter the depressing bathroom.

"What's up, Izzie?" Marcela greeted as she lied down next to the blonde on the cold floor. 

"Go away." Izzie instructed softly, looking straight ahead at nothingness.

Marcela briefly glanced at the watch on her wrist before she looked over, "I'll go when I need to get to work." She released a sigh and adjusted herself to get comfortable on the floor before she looked at her, "...You loved him. He knows, in his last moments, that you loved him. Even if you weren't there when he passed, that's what he was thinking-- of how lucky he was to have someone love him the way you did him--"

Izzie shut her eyes in pain, "Stop--"

"The way you were willing to sacrifice your career for him-- for love, okay?" Marcela softly smiled, "You loved him and he loved you and sometimes life just sucks and takes away the people you love but..." Marcela looked down at her hands, "you need to know to keep going because Denny wouldn't want you to spend an eternity on the floor, mourning for him."

Silence overcame the two as Marcela thought about the sister she lost and Izzie's mind filled with moments and memories with Denny-- she was the one to break the silence first as she whimpered, "I miss him."

"I know." Marcela nodded lightly, "And no one's blaming you for that-- and you can stay on the floor as long as you need... and remember that George, Alex, Cristina, Meredith, and I are here for you when you're ready to come out." 

"Relax," Callie warned Meredith as she entered her house with grocery bags, "I'm not gonna bring it up-- you and McDreamy and the sex. I'm not that person."

Meredith nodded as someone went down the stairs, "Good."

Marcela reached the last step on the stairs before smiling as her eyes landed on Callie, "Callie."