⇥ CHAPTER 19

a/n : i wanted to style this chapter like a grey's episode with narrator times so the dialogue on the right is marcela :}

season 3 episode 16

I hate roller coasters

I hate roller coasters. The loud sounds of the track as you progress through the ride, the onlookers eyeing the death-defying drop at the end that they know is coming– and you, strapped onto the ride itself, will most likely forget about that until the time comes.

"Someone find me a copy of Boardman's Neurosurgery!" The Chief yelled, looking around as he held the phone connected to Izzie Stevens on the other line close to his ear before sighing.

Mark, settling next to the Chief at the Nurse's Station, frowned his brows lightly as his eyes landed on the man, "Everything okay?"

"You know anything about making burr holes?" The Chief asked, looking for help since he had little to no expertise on the subject.

Mark nodded, recalling the few times he had done the procedure, "Done it a couple of times."

"Good." The Chief remarked and Mark smiled, glad to help and possibly bring up his points in becoming Chief, "Don't go anywhere."

Which reminds me of the ominous build-up towards the ultimate fall, and the adrenaline that fills you when you finish the ride that sometimes tricks your brain into wanting to ride it all over again, just for the thrill. 

"Okay." Derek crouched in front of the blonde girl who had taken him to where she last saw Meredith, along with Marcela– but he had yet to find that bit of information. He attempted to keep himself calm as he spoke in a soft tone, trying to calm the urgency, "Use your words. Where exactly is Meredith?"

The girl, shocked from all the events that occurred since the Ferry Boat, could not find it in herself to utter a single phrase– instead, she lifted a pointed finger towards the sea.

Following her finger, Derek gulped, realizing exactly what she meant.

I know I few people in my life who absolutely love roller coasters– and I mean love. Like, it'll be the first thing they look forward to when entering a fair or carnival, the ones that are the scariest and blood-pumping ones.

Derek dived into the water with no hesitation, scouring the area for his girlfriend as his eyes practically burned from the exposure to the salt water– but he fought through it, knowing the most important thing at the moment was to find Meredith. And the deeper he swam, the more anxious he got, wondering how long she could have been in the water– and why she didn't swim.

Finally, after what seemed like ages– and just as he felt himself running out of oxygen, his eyes landed on the intern he attempted to find. He swam closer, faster, a need to reach her as quickly as he could came to him– yet as he neared the sight, his eyes caught onto another body.