⇥ CHAPTER 2

season 2 episode 18

"Izzie's being too nice to me

"Izzie's being too nice to me." George sighed as he walked beside Marcela as the group of interns walked down the halls to round on their next patient, "How do I look today? Would you say, you know, I look nice?"

Marcela released a teasing chuckle as she squinted at him, "Why is she being nice to you?"

George's face froze as he contemplated telling her about his unreciprocated feelings for Meredith before he decided against speaking about it in an open area and walked away, making Marcela frown her eyebrows at his disappearance before Alex joined her. 

"Rumor has it, Dr. Bailey's here with her son." Alex informed as he took a bite out of his granola bar, making Marcela scrunch up her nose at the sight before he handed her another, making her smile.

"Thank you." She unwrapped the small item of food before taking a bite, "How do you-- oh." 

"Good morning, Dr. Bailey." Izzie greeted, her voice high as she spoke in a baby voice, "Hello, baby."

"Don't get me wrong," Marcela began as she whispered to Alex, "I love Bailey, I miss her-- and maybe even a little bit of Tuck but--"

"What?" Alex countered, "The baby fear?"

"No." Marcela squinted at him, "Okay, maybe that-- but I am actually excited to present the next case and I'm hoping I don't get stuck with babysitting duty again." She shivered, the memory still fresh in her mind from when she had to take care of Bailey's son while Bailey reunited with her husband-- it was... an experience, probably one worse than the time Meredith was stuck in an O.R. with a bomb.

Marcela still couldn't believe that happened.

"Okay," Bailey deadpanned after seeing Izzie baby talk to her child once more, "this is not a tea party. Go. Work. Save some lives." The interns walked away, "Now!"

"Jake Burton," Marcela presented as she stood in front of the interns and next to Derek, "Fifteen, has advanced Craniodiaphyseal Dysplasia. Was admitted last night after complaining of headaches."

"And he's not a complainer." Jake's mother added, wanting to stress how emergent he was.

"He's been having some nausea as well." The father input, looking down at his son that Marcela referred to as 'Lion Boy' due to his condition and his love for the nickname.

"Really? Okay." Derek nodded before walking past the mother and father to get to Jake, "Jake, can I get you to sit up, please?"

"Sure." Jake nodded.

"All right," Derek held a finger up to Cristina's face, "Now I want you to look right here for me. Thank you."

"You know," Jake began as he noticed Cristina's eyes trying to avoid him, "if you pretend I'm a lion, it helps."