⇥ CHAPTER 25

season 3 episode 24

"Marcy," Callie chuckled, watching as the girl practically bounced in place, "chill

"Marcy," Callie chuckled, watching as the girl practically bounced in place, "chill."

"I'm chill." Marcela nodded, eyes never wavering from the elevator as she cleared her throat, "I'm good, I'm cool."

"Ooh." Mark grinned, sliding next to the girl to grab the other coffee in her hand, "Thank y—" Marcela smacked his hand away, "ow."

"Not for you." Marcela deadpanned, eyes trailing up to Mark's before she moved them back onto the elevator, pursing her lips as she waited impatiently.

"Oh." Mark squinted his eyes at Marcela and moved them to the elevator doors as they opened, revealing Timothy Huntington in a leather jacket, "He looks like a bad boy— I don't like him."

Marcela scoffed, looking away from Timothy as she quirked a brow, looking at his own leather jacket, "...Have you looked in the mirror? Or did you forget Bailey's special word to describe you?"

"Ooh." Callie mused, patting Mark's shoulder, "Burn."

"Dr. Huntington!" Marcela called out, walking up to the man with a patient's chart in hand and a coffee.

"What's her deal with him?" Mark asked, sitting down at the station as he glanced at Callie.

Callie frowned her brows before remarking with a chuckle, "She likes him, obviously."

"She does?" Mark questioned, quirking a brow at the sight of Timothy and Marcela laughing together.

"Well," Callie cleared her throat, trying not to reveal that Marcela still held conflicting feelings for Mark as well— information she had found out when studying with Marcela one night, "she's growing feelings for him—" Callie squinted her eyes, trying to get a better read on Mark's reaction, "and it's not like anyone else is trying to swoon her heart."

"Mm." Mark hummed, eyes squinting at the two before he cleared his throat and shrugged as he stood, "I need to go find Nurse Tanya."

Callie snickered, "Didn't you get in a big feud with the nurses a week ago?"

"Yeah." Mark shrugged with a nod, continuing his journey as Callie rolled her eyes.

"We're supposed to be studying." Izzie reminded, looking through the glass window and onto the E.R., along with her intern buddies as they glanced down at the trauma from the mountain climbers, "If Bailey finds out we're down here—"

"We are studying." Cristina reasoned before asking a question to the group, "How do you treat frostbite?"

"Rewarm," Marcela presented rapidly, the information glued to her mind after studying Callie's cards with Cristina— who she decided to share with as a wedding gift, "avoid early surgery unless there's a deep infection due to auto-amputation."