⇥ CHAPTER 23

season 3 episode 20

Knowing Callie had called the Chief to explain everything and allow Marcela some time off from work to grieve, Marcela blankly stared at the center of her circular window while hearing footsteps approach her bed

Knowing Callie had called the Chief to explain everything and allow Marcela some time off from work to grieve, Marcela blankly stared at the center of her circular window while hearing footsteps approach her bed. Rather than turn her head, she continued to stare at the spot as she laid down on the bed she hadn't left since the events of the previous night. 

"Dr. Webber's letting you out of work for a week— he said, if you want to, you could go to therapy, too." Alex informed clearing his throat, "He—"

"I should go to work." Marcela's broken voice remarked, her arm reaching to remove the covers over her before Alex rushed to stop her.

"You're not." Alex affirmed with a sigh, "He said to take this time to grieve, mourn, get all those horrible feelings you're feeling out there and let yourself slowly ease back into 'the game'." Alex exhaled, sitting down as he glanced at Marcela, who once again averted her gaze to the window, "Izzie's gonna stay home to bake, cook, be there if you need to talk."

And not face Callie, Marcela thought, her eyes trailing down as she felt guilty for keeping the information she knew to herself while Callie had come up last night to help her— she was too busy sobbing that her brain forgot to remind her.

"—and then Callie said something about stopping by for you in the afternoon." He offered her a small smile as he came to a stand, "Just don't lie down on the bathroom floor, okay? It's dirty."

Marcela softly chuckled, prompting a smile to grow on Alex's lips as she nodded, "Okay." She reverted back to her frozen state for a few moments as Alex walked away before she spoke up, "Alex."

He turned around, quirking a brow, "Yeah?"

Marcela sighed lightly as she turned to face him, "Tell Izzie she has to tell George what she knows before I tell him myself."

"Ominous— and creepy." Alex noted as he nodded, "Got it."

"I made blueberry muffins and cookies!" Izzie cheered, walking up the steps with a basket in hand as Marcela remained in the same position she was in a few hours prior, "Your favorite!"

"Thanks." Marcela muttered, her eyes slowly moving to Izzie before she caught sight onto the other items in her hands, "Tissues?"

"Just in case you need to let things out." Izzie informed, placing the basket of food in front of Marcela— a smile gracing the blonde's face once Marcela reached out to grab a muffin, "So—"

"If you're here to tell me to keep my mouth shut about what happened with you and George," Marcela prefaced, taking a bite from the muffin, "just know I'm not telling Callie unless George doesn't tell her when he finds out."