⇥ CHAPTER 26

season 3 episode 25

"I didn't even get to finish our drinks

"I didn't even get to finish our drinks." Marcela pouted, walking into the E.R. with the boys as she lamented over her inability to finish making the drinks for themselves as Meredith, Callie, Cristina, and Izzie had their own bachelorette party in the living room.

"I'm sure they were great, Marcy." George assured, tying the yellow disposable jacket coat onto himself as Alex placed his gloves on.

"Okay." Bailey called the attention to herself as she looked at her interns, "Listen up. Uh, O'Malley, De La Cruz, you're with Shepherd and Sloan."

"Okay." Marcela nodded, walking away as she tired her hair up.

Alex chuckled, whispering to Marcela, "Seems like you're always on Sloan but not on Sl—"

"Shut up, now." Marcela warned, glaring at the man as she hit him with her chart before turning around to join George.

"Drama~" Marcela sang with a chuckle, watching Mark do the hard parts of the surgery as she thought over Derek's words to George, "so what do you think happened?"

"Eh," Mark shrugged, turning around to grab another surgical instrument, "I think it might've been an accident—"

"I think they tried to kill the guy." Marcela interrupted before her eyes went wide, "I-I mean, you know, it's just— that sucks for him, no doubt, but the story—"

Mark smiled under his mask, "I get what you mean, Sweets, you don't need to explain." Marcela nodded, observing Mark's moves with careful detail until Mark grew distasteful of the silence, "Okay, never-mind, keep talking."

"O-Oh, okay." Marcela nodded, thinking of what to say as she was completely oblivious to Mark glancing at her, grinning as he knew her voice would illuminate the room.

"Which side are you on?" Marcela asked, walking down the hall with Mark as she continued, "'Cause I'm sitting on Cristina's side, and Alex might try to flirt with Addison—" She cringed as she faced Mark, "Sorry—"

"It's okay." Mark nodded, wringing his scrub cap in his hands with a chuckle.

Marcela continued, "And I don't exactly want to sit alone so—"

"Marcy!" Alex shouted, rushing up to the two.

Marcela quirked a brow, "Hey, Alex—" He quickly grabbed her arm and dragged her away, "ow." When they were far enough from people, Alex stopped, "What was—"

"Rebecca's husband's here." Alex spat out, breathing in and out rapidly as he caught his breath, having rushed through floors to find her.

Marcela frowned her brows, "And—?"