Chapter Twenty Eight

"There are those who rebel against the light, who are not acquainted with its ways and do not stay in its paths.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"....Folks, there's an anomaly in the sky. Recent pixelated pictures from space from NASA has revealed to us what some claim to be a meteor shower; our experts aren't exactly sure what it is, but our experts do say that it will miss Earth by a few thousand meters, but recent reports have indicated the eminence of a collision..."

"...Tsunamis are raging in the East and West Coast, thousands are saying it is a sign of the end times, well they might just be right with the devastations arising as..."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The wind was howling intensely. It made goosebumps rise up his skin.

A lot has happened this past year, the year the Earth wept. The war has become unending. It was battle after battle, war after war.

A few months ago, the cherished had taken a big blow, losing two of their priced members; Mary and Ezra, the second E, and D.

William's family was lost too. Seth did not doubt that he was suffering and was in despair wherever he was.

Fil had won this time, but one could say only partly.

As a result of the war fought a lot of people have been saved, a number of them had been bound in spiritual captivity.

They were slaves, captives of the enemy that had been trapped down there for years.

They were slaves to different things.
The devil came to them, harmless, beautiful and they fell right into his lap.

There was something about the 'mark of Concession' on William's hand.

It wasn't the first time it had occurred. Hundreds of people had fallen prey to the devil over the years. The devil would give them what they wanted and in return, he would take their souls. Or so the story goes.

Humans were dispensable, easily discarded, hated, maligned.

Fil's only wish for them was to suffer in the worst way possible and he was succeeding. Seth had never seen or heard or read about the disasters currently racking the Earth.

It was beyond description. Great countries fell one after the other.

Seth stopped. A lot was going through his mind, even beyond the current destruction of the Earth. He knew another battle was bound to happen soon.

He at least knew what he was fighting for.

"Dad.." Seth whispered.

The winds immediately picked up.

The leaves on the trees above him rustled as the winds blew.

He was here.

Seth was in his secret place.

The air was pure and everything around him breathed as though alive.

He was bare before his Maker.

There was nothing hidden, for His light illuminated his innermost being.

"The darkness presses on daily, deciding new ways to take your children captive. Open their eyes to see their enemy." Seth spoke. The wind blew his brown hair into his eyes.

The forest around him was beautiful, probably the only thing that still was.

He came out here daily. The cherished have been spending more and more time at the cabin. Everyone looked up to him but even he wasn't strong. God was their sole source of strength.