Chapter Nineteen

William was outside the house or inn, or whatever it was they called it, he was waiting for Fil to come back.

He'd told the strange women to leave him alone. But they'd been very persistent.

They kept whispering things to him that he did not want to hear.

He'd eaten and drank, yes, but he'd done nothing more, he couldn't.

William wanted so badly to see her, to touch her. He wanted an explanation-no needed an explanation.

Hope was the only woman for him. He didn't want anyone else. His heart was shattered and he had no idea how to piece it back together.

'The Will you know is dead and yes, he's never coming back.'

Why?

'Why would she say something like that? Did the cherished put her up to this?' William thought.

Yes, that's it, they made her say those words.

Hope would never leave him. She loved him.

William remembered the last time he'd seen her.

Fil had said he only had a minute at a time to sift through realms.

It wasn't much time but he'll take it.

All you had to do is think about them and call their name, right?

Will closed his eyes and exhaled.

He thought about her. His heart started beating rapidly.

'...he's never coming back..'

He couldn't accept it. He needed to know for sure if she truly felt that way if he'd truly meant nothing to him.

"Hope." That one name carried all the despair of a broken heart.

When William opened his eyes, he was in the living world...and in her apartment.

He'd been there countless times in the past. They'd shared a lot of memories there as well.

She was in her bedroom and was fast asleep.

His heart constricted painfully.

Hope was curled up on her bed, sleeping soundly. William quietly observed her.

He watched the gentle rise and fall of her chest and wondered how someone so fragile looking could harbor such strength as he'd seen.

Will started walking towards her.

Was he truly a lost cause like she'd said?

Was he truly lost to the darkness forever? Did Hope really believe that?

Was there no hope for him?

All these questions ran through him in a split second.

William tried getting closer to her, but an invisible force stopped him, he didn't know what it was until he saw them for himself.

They were angels and they were huge.

They were four in number and were all looking at him, with an almost sad expression.

This confused him greatly. He gulped as he approached them

"I need to speak to her," William begged.

They said nothing.

"P-Please, I need to see her, I need to know--" William felt like he would die with how much he was hurting.