Chapter Twelve

Soo guys, it was kiaorion17 who voted and commented first in the last chappie!

A big shoutout to you sis!!!❤❤❤😍😍 Muah!!😘

{¶{¶{¶{¶}

"I cast you to the ground; I exposed you before kings, to feast their eyes upon you.

By the multitude, of your iniquities, in the unrighteousness of your trade, you profaned your sanctuaries. So I brought out fire from within you; it consumed you and turned you to ashes on the earth."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
After they had been able to stabilize Will, Hope stayed as well as two others to take care of him.

The torment had taken a great toll on him such that he was coming in and out of consciousness. It hurt Hope a lot seeing him like that.

The second female among them noticed her sullen expression and looked away.

"You know something like this wouldn't have happened. Falling in love with him had been a terrible mistake on your part Hope." Hope's eyes were downcast as Mary, the second E, spoke her mind.

She'd always been very blunt. She was her long term friend and has always been the most rational.

"I know. It's my fault." Hope whispered seeing Will's defeated state.

Mary stood up and took the leftover gauze and bandages with her.

She glanced down at Hope sited on the chair beside Will's unconscious body.

"We were sent to help him. Our job had been to protect him and make sure he didn't consent in the first place. No one can truly help him now but himself through our Lord Jesus Christ. The question is, is he strong enough to reject a deal with the devil?"

"We'll find a way," Hope said resolutely.

Mary started walking towards the door, her long black hair trailing after her-

"I hope so, for all our sakes."

"If the devil gets his hands on him, he'll become your enemy and you'll have to do what's necessary."

Electricity flickered through Hope's chest at the subtle implication of her words. She hoped it would never come to that.

"Christ's blood is more than enough," Hope said and Mary smiled at the mention of Jesus' name. The name always brought a smile to her face.

"Yes, it is. But how much does he believe in that name? It'll take a lot of faith on his part to break free. You know this Hope, the question is-will he seek God out?"

Mary closed the door behind her and it reverberated with a soft click.

Hope exhaled.

She leaned against Will's limp arm.
Hope could feel the oppressive force of darkness emanating from Will with such great intensity.

The Holy Spirit was repelling it.

Hope knew that even while asleep that he wasn't safe. They could hurt him in his dreams as well as in reality-such were the capacities of the darkness.

It also meant they could mediate when necessary.

Hope sighed pained.

"Will." She held a hand to his forehead and she wept.

"I'm sorry. It's my fault you got hurt." She took his hand and kissed it.

Even while asleep he looked to be in so much pain.