Chapter Forty-One

William was lying on the ground eyes wide as he tried to catch his breath. He couldn't even focus on the sky as the rain dripped onto his face and slid down his cheeks.

He could perceive the subtle smell of the earth as the ground gave off that soothing loamy smell.

He knew people would have heard the explosion and would arrive soon.

There were eight of them. He heard a bird caw above his head but even that sounded weak.

Everyone was drained after the long brawl.

He'd nearly lost an eye as the crow had flown at him just a couple of minutes ago.

Right in front of him, five entities had risen from the earth and had lunged for him.

They took on the form of a human made of trees and earth. They had branches for arms and legs.

Bennet was about ten meters away from him breathing hard as well. He was trying his hardest to stand but it was useless.

He gritted his teeth. Will was different, distinct from the spineless wimp he'd remembered.

Bennet's body was badly bruised. He'd nearly lost an arm. The crow above him was making strange noises between a caw and a groan.

Betty gasped as she transformed back to human. The long talons in her feathers were replaced with fingers and the claws in her feet became toes.

She was naked.

"What do you want from me?"
Will wobbled on his feet as he tried to stand.

With his spiritual eyes, William could see the fire around him and he could also see...angels.

Beings who had once been his enemies surround him in a protective stance.

He heard a low chuckle. It was Bennett.

Betty and Bennet weren't too far away from each other.

Bennet looked...different.

William could 'see what was inside him, he could see 'everything'.

The entities residing in him were all fighting for manifestation.

He didn't know how but he could sense their presence, all one thousand of them.

"This is getting tiring don't you think?" William said when he's finally caught his breath.

William was trembling. Power, as he'd never felt, was coursing through him.

This was the power of His presence.

William surveyed the damage done to the forest around him and realized that multiple craters had been made in several places.

Bennet wrapped his shirt around Betty and ordered her to stay by a tree some meters away from them.

"William!" A voice shouted suddenly beside him.

Shocked William looked to his right.

It was Seth, along with all of the cherished running through the forest to get to him and there were two other people with them that he didn't know.

Bennet cursed upon seeing them and immediately told one of his demons-

"We've found them, spread the news!"

The news immediately spread abroad and like red threads being knitted, it latched upon the winds of the Earth and got broadcasted to all the realms.

Spiritually, an immense amount of light was shining from the East on the world's map.

Fil groaned in anger where he was hundreds of miles away. He roared like a wounded lion,