Chapter Thirty-Five

It's been two days since he last heard Fil speak. Two days of absolute peace and sound sleep. He finally got to do a lot of things he hadn't been able to, like eating, going out, and taking Berry on a walk.

He'd taken all these for granted before and with the eminence of a tsunami looming he needed to do everything Fil had prevented him from doing all these years.

Seth had left earlier that morning to get things in order at his place, also the rest of the cherished too.

It was something they all had to do.

After taking Berry for a walk, he went to get himself a haircut. It was long overdue. He also needed to change his look.

And so he did.

By the time he was done, he looked like a completely different person. His striking blue eyes were sure to give him away though, at least to people who were the closest to him.

William got out of the salon, glad no one had recognised him at that time and made his way to his apartment.

Will had read about himself in the papers. It was a truckload of info. Fil had been very busy.

He was everywhere. On billboards, blogs, newspaper, tabloids-you name it.

He even made it on the cover of Vogue as the most eligible billionaire bachelor and the most successful one of his time.

Apparently, he was stinking rich.

He doubted Fil took the liberty of wearing glasses so he got himself a new pair to fit his new look.

Will got to his apartment and took a shower. He made some food for himself and Berry and soon nodded off after eating.

It wasn't long he woke up. When he opened his eyes, he was someplace completely different, a place he'd hoped he'd never see again.

Will had no idea what he was doing back here.

"Will, you're here." He heard the familiar voice.

"How does it feel to be a free man?" The voice set him on edge; something that wasn't new.

"Why are you in my dream again?" Will hadn't wanted to see him again, ever.

Will watched him as he sat on the sand and played with it. His hand made signs on it, ones only he could understand.

Fil looked exactly like the first time he'd seen him in the void-dark hair dark eyes. He was wearing casual clothes and looked a bit older than him just like he did then. At least he wasn't wearing his face anymore.

Fil's hair was black unlike his that was a near copper colour now.

"Why are you still here?" Will yelled walking closer to him. He would have been content if they had never met again.

"You lost. Get over it." Will spat.

Fil stopped moving his finger as it hovered over the sand. Fil looked at him and all Will saw were two dark pits for eyes.

"What? Can't two old friends talk?" Fil smiled and it made goosebumps rise Will's arms. It was still unnerving.

"Don't get too comfortable Will, it's not over yet. There's still some time left, use that time to prepare for me. If I can't have your body again then I might as well kill you," Fil smirked, "oh wait, I already did that."

Will glared at him.

"I've already taken your family, all that's left is her."

Will's hands balled into fists as the words tumbled out of his mouth,