Chapter Twenty Three

The wall is breaking.

William opened his eyes.
That song—he's heard it before.

Such melody:

'It was as if I was dreaming, but then you came down and you lead me,

'The world will tremble at your majesty and the wall is breaking now we see, and the wall is breaking, now we see—'

"The wall is breaking," William muttered.

William sat up and the chains rattled as he moved.

He didn't know what the song meant or what it had to do with him.

But he knew it was something very important.

He didn't know how long he'd been in the darkness. If the devil wanted him to go insane, he was already succeeding.

He was already starving to death but of course, he couldn't die. Souls don't die.

He heard the rattling of chains as they clanked noisily against each other.

His eyes widened realizing that it was his hands that were shaking.

There was another reason besides the hunger; they were shaking because of that woman.

William couldn't block out her screams; the woman they'd brought into the room for Fil—his gift.

She'd looked so terrified. Fil Reuc had kept his promise, he did make him watch.

At that moment, he'd felt conscious of his body for the first time since Fil took over.

He could see everything in the darkroom. It looked like an office but dreary and gloomy.

He couldn't speak neither could he do anything to stop what he was about to do to her.

It sickened him to his stomach that he was using his own body to commit such atrocities.

At the end of it, nothing had been left of her. He'd devoured her. Will nearly lost his mind. He was screaming for him to stop but his voice sounded so far away, muffled in the background.

"How does she taste William, do you like it?" Fil asked wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

"You're sick." Will retorted. His voice was audible then.

Fil smirked.

"I know I am."

"You disgust me." William spat.

They were both speaking through the same body.

"You belong to the devil and three others belong to you, William you belong to me, and I'll make sure you enjoy eating the souls and bodies of those you love,"

"Your mother,"

William tensed,

"your sister,"

"Hope." Fil grinned.

"I'll save her for last,"

"I'm sure she'll be delicious."

"Shut up!"

"I don't know why you fight it, just give in to me already. I don't know why a part of you still survived after I devoured you."

Fil said and William felt his confusion. William could feel a lot of things.

"No part of you should still be alive."