Chapter Thirteen

Hope's eyes were wide. What was happening?

She paced the length of the room and the sick feeling that had settled in her chest didn't leave.

A few minutes passed and Mary came out and told her...

"I'm sorry Hope, but we've lost him."

Hope's movement ceased, as well as her heart,

"What?"

{¶{¶{¶{¶}

In one of the conference rooms on a hidden floor in MONOSOFT, a group of people has gathered from different states of the country, comprising of business CEO's politicians, policemen, engineers, doctors, movie directors, and such.

The table was spherical and was large enough to seat about thirty people.

On the surface, it looked ordinary even boring like any business meeting, but beneath the surface far beyond the physical, was something even more sinister.

This was where the fate of the world would be decided.

{¶{¶{¶{¶}

Someone was calling his name but he didn't know who. The more William walked on, the fainter it got.

The voice was soft and yet so familiar that he couldn't put a finger on it.

As he walked on it became background noise till it faded out completely.

He looked around him,

Where was this place?

What was he doing here?

It looked so similar to where the man-creature had spoken to him.

It was endless space as far as the eyes could see.

"Hello?" Will's voice echoed out into the distance and ricocheted over the vast emptiness.

The ground beneath him was thin sand and it made the void bright as the sky was clear blue and endless.

There was no wind, no tree and to his dismay, no life.

He wandered for what felt like hours till he was exhausted. He ended up laying on the floor unsure of what to do.

Why wasn't he waking up?

"It's because you're dead." Will shook at the suddenness of the voice that came up behind him.

He scrambled to his feet and his blue eyes locked with pitched black ones.

Will had never seen iris that dark before. They were like the night.

He had equally dark hair and he looked to be just only a few years older than him.

William took him in- he was dressed in a flannel shirt and jean trousers. His hair was long enough to rest just above his eyes.

What was he doing here?

Was he lost too, like him?

"You must be wondering why you're here. I've also been trapped here for God knows how long." He stretched and sat down on the floor, where Will had been seating not one minute ago.

William was skeptical. He'd seen his fair share of strange and crazy in the last few days. After everything that had happened, he wanted to be careful.

"So you don't know why you're here?" William asked.

"Do you?" The man asked back.

William averted his gaze-he had a point.