Chapter Thirty-One

The still voice disappeared shortly after that.

William was alone now with his thoughts.

He had to confess.

William could never get accustomed to the darkness down here, not even the pain. They wanted to break him, that was the reason for the torture. It was especially more brutal after an ascension.

Those three unknown personalities on Earth were really doing a number in hell.

They were formidable enough to rattle even Fil himself, hindering his plans and agendas as they saw fit.

They were different.

"Get up." A burly demon demanded from the other side of the bars. This one looked like a sea creature. Had hands and legs but had fins with scales all over its body, and a tail.

Will managed to stand but he found himself falling flat on his butt again.

The creature walked right through the bars of iron and pulled him to his feet. The cell was probably just big enough to contain six people but the cell was barely big enough for both of them. The creature was huge and it smelled horrible too.

It had pimple-like pusses on its skin. They looked painful and its face—its face was half disfigured; it only had one eye. It was partly translucent having a pale blue colour.

A chair appeared out of nowhere behind Will and the creature made him seat.

William prepared himself for the torment, it was a new method every time, each one more ruthless than the last. A lot of time he wondered how he was still alive.

Sometimes he'd lose a limb but they just grew back.

"You're the master's favourite, you deserve the most attention."  It didn't speak in English but he understood what was coming out of his mouth.

He was getting tortured the most because he was Fil's puppet? Got it.

The creature's voice came out like the sound of bubbles as though one was talking underwater.

William didn't care whether he was his favourite or not, he wanted to get it over with so he could go back inside his cell and continue his time in solitude.

Will hadn't expected the pain; it came so fast. The hotness erupted from his jaw to his skull.

William hadn't seen the rod coming, not until it made contact with his body. It was flaming hot.

He was just realizing that it had been taken from the river of larva that ran down the chasm.

He screamed so loud that all the other prisoners kept quiet immediately.

"It's a marvel how you're still able to resist, but the result is the same."  This time the pulsating rod connected with his stomach and William emptied his bowels though nothing came out but water.

"What's this?" A voice spoke.

The air in the chasm stilled immediately.

He was here.

The pit-pat of feet against the rocky floor could be heard from one of the tunnels leading into the chasm.

Every demon and creature stood at attention—even the one that had been torturing him.

The intimidating footsteps stopped in front of his cell and with it the foreboding presence of the master of hell.

"Master." The fish-like creature scampered out of the prison and stood to the side. He inspected the creature's handiwork.