Chapter Thirty-Nine

It's been a while.

The wind felt nice on Seth's skin as he walked through the forest.

He'd left his tent shortly after he'd addressed everyone. Adjusting to the new way things were being run wasn't easy for most but thankfully people were gradually adapting to the new way of living.

And it was his job to make sure everyone was in order, all seventy of them. New survivors arrived each week and sometimes a few days in between.

Food was never an issue, it was abundant on the island. The three knew what was coming and had stored up enough reserve to last at least 100 people for three years.

People were on edge, Seth could feel it. Tension slithered the atmosphere and despite the prayers, he could feel the darkness tethering on the edge of the island.

He still had Will to worry about. His job wasn't over yet.

Seth had found a place to pray as soon as they'd arrived.

It wasn't too far from the settlement but it was far enough. The secret place was beautiful. Walking there now past trees and fallen leaves it reminded him of the cabin where the cherished had met up some months ago.

It reminded him of what he once had. It reminded him of her.

He closed his eyes. He tried to forget.

He sang and basked in the presence of his Creator. Seth had on his usually calm expression but it was his invisible companions that knew just how wretched he was inside.

He walked in between oak trees planted in long rows. He heard the flapping of angel's wings around him as he walked on and somehow the farther he went the lighter he felt.

Although he's been struggling with incredible pain, it always disappeared whenever he was there.

"My Lord." Seth took a knee and bowed his head.

There was stillness as colours mixed all around him; brown, green, pink as the wind picked up. Sunlight was carelessly peeking through the forest canopies.

The thin ray of light seemed to escape through the spaces between the leaves and it shined on him then and he became radiant.

The Mighty presence became present and all of creation, living and none living stood at attention.

Seth's holy robe came upon him and caught on fire but it was a holy fire. The letter C, burned—signifying his rank and position as he looked to the floor.

"The three are coming." A gentle voice said in front of him.

Seth looked up to The Mighty One.

He was here.

The Mighty One's face was partially blinded by a white light, as it always was, such that Seth couldn't see the entirety of his face and standing beside Him were two very strong entities with wings.

They stayed silent behind him armed with swords. They look fearful in appearance but they shined as well.

Seth himself felt his angels bow before the Mighty One in acknowledgement.

Seth always felt like a child in His presence. He wasn't complaining. He was his Father after all.

"Lucifer comes in anger to destroy the earth in perpetuity. This battle may very well be the last." He started.

He knew what that meant. Seth's heart flickered.

Seth had been here countless times and they'd talked at length about what was going on in what was left of the Earth.