Chapter Twenty

A big shout out to one of my ardent readers. She was the first to guess what happened to Will in the last chapter.😁😁

And what's more, she's read all my books!!! 🤗😊❤😘

Let's give it up for delouxeon 🤩🤩. I really appreciate you, dear, you're a treasure.❤
.
.
.
.

The void closed behind them as they stepped out of it.

William was silent as he stared at the ground.

He was used to the feel of the sand beneath his feet, the bright mildly scorching sun, and the occasional rain, but he paid none of those things mind as he felt tears drop slowly down his cheek.

She'd known, all along?

She'd known he was a murderer?

"Murder isn't a big deal." Fil shrugged beside him. As usual, he laid on the sand and played with it.

"I mean I can't count the number of people I've killed." He said none chalantly.

"Mine's different," William said turning to him.

Fil raised an eyebrow.

"How?"

"I killed him because he deserved it, why do you kill?"

"Easy, I hate humans. They're a waste of space and time."

William raised an eyebrow.

"Whatever," William said sitting on the ground beside him.

He closed his eyes but he could only see honey brown eyes.

His heart stuttered.

"She'd looked at me like I was the devil," William whispered, his voice sad.

"I know murder is wrong but what if it was done to prevent more evil? I know what I did was wrong but aren't I permitted given how shitty my father was?"

"I totally agree with you. I'm glad you killed the bastard." Fil chuckled beside him.

William glanced sideways at Fil.

Will was beginning to doubt and question him. His motives are still unclear.

The look in Hope's eyes had done something to him that he could not explain.

Her eyes had held pain in them. He couldn't believe he'd been the cause of it.

"It had been an accident and I'd freaked out, but he'd nearly killed my family even when they forgave him for all the terrible things he did to them. They took him back in, they thought he'd changed."

"But he hadn't, Laura had nearly died." He clenched his fist.

"I'd gone to him in anger and I'd yelled at him. I'd gone without a weapon but he'd suddenly lunged at me with his knife-'I didn't succeed in killing you the first time, won't make the same mistake this time.'-this was what he'd said to me." Will continued.

"He knicked my shoulder with the knife and I'd shoved him off of me, he slipped and broke his neck."

"I waited for the guilt to set in but it didn't, I thought something was wrong with me, but I was just relieved my tormentor was death."

"I see," Fil said nonchalantly beside him.

"You and I we're the same. We don't know what we did wrong."

"I'm nothing like you," William told Fil.

"Ah ah, but you are Will."

"You're here aren't you?" Fil continued. Will looked at him.