Chapter Thirty-Eight

*I decided to change the cover of 'The Concession', I hope you like it😊❤*

.
.
.
.

For every person that dies and goes down to the pit, he would smile. For every person crushed by a building or torn to pieces, he would chuckle, for every life chared to ashes and scattered to the wind, he would smirk.

Because he was darkness.

This ancient one who knows no light, a ranging lion, who kills, steal and destroys, seeking whom to devour.

He is the son of perdition and now without restraint, it was finally time for him to come out.

The fires of hell seemed to intensify by a hundredfold and the world could feel the tremors as the earth spat him out.

The vision came in the form of a dragon, a black dragon coming from where it had been bound for a thousand years, smokes came from around the pit and one could see the trail of smoke coming from his nostrils ascending into heaven.

It was a dreary sight. The first woe has come.

{¶{¶{¶{¶}

In an auspicious looking building far from the ruin, rot and destruction of humanity in a forest in America, hundreds of people are seen coming together celebrating the rise of their king.

The whole property as a whole was surrounded by red maple trees and that was all the eye could see for miles in all directions.

The lights coming from the building was so bright that it could be seen from a great height and distance. It made the desolation only a few miles off even more obvious.

A city lay in ruins about fifty miles west, another infected by the new pandemic another forty miles east but everyone in the mansion went on dancing and laughing without a care in the world as though none of those things even existed nor did they matter.

In the huge house along an empty corridor illuminated with fluorescent lights and decorated with colourful lamps, and an expensive African rug, a man in his thirties can be seen.

He had blond hair and scorching blue eyes and beside him was a lady with brown hair and beautiful hazel eyes.

"I can't believe we made it this far, Bennet." Bennet looked at the woman beside him. She was smiling at him and he looked away with a smile when he felt a tug in his chest.

They got to the wide-open living room and saw everyone celebrating. There were dozens of people in elegant items of clothing with their glasses raised in a toast.

"Where do you think they are now?" Betty asked. Bennet looked at her knowing exactly who she was talking about. The thorn in all their sides.

"I doubt they're dead." He admitted.

"It's a bummer we don't know where they are, they could just pop up anywhere." Betty sighed.

"Hey," he held her chin gently. Her beautiful hazel eyes looked into his and he felt the familiar pull and attraction and his body just seemed to flow towards her.

"As long as you're with our king, you have nothing to worry about my dear." He placed a kiss on her lips and it made him happy that she responded with equal fervour.