Chapter Three

"....Your heart was proud because of your beauty, you corrupted your beauty for the sake of your splendor..."
.
.
.
.
.
.

Groaning, William sat up. It was Friday, the last workday of the week. It wasn't like he had anything to do or had anyone to spend it with but he enjoyed it nonetheless.

He saw the Bible on the bed. It'd been a present from her. The only thing he had of her that proved she'd existed.

He at least knew she'd been God-fearing.

Rubbing his face, he got out of bed.

Even without his glasses, he could see better than he had last night.

He got his clothes out of his closet and massaged his temple.

The pain there was steadily increasing.

He sighed.

He would have to visit the hospital soon.

He didn't know why it started, all he knew was that it had and with it, the flashes of a woman he could barely remember.

His family knew nothing about her.

So, for the past four years, he's been chasing after a ghost or the ghost had been chasing after him if he was being honest.

He remembered nothing.

All his family had told him was that a day came when the headaches started suddenly.

It was so bad that they had to admit him to the hospital where he was told he had a tumor growing in his brain.

And it'd been growing near his brain stem all this time.

It was successfully operated but with it came some unforeseen side effects like memory loss and persistent migraines.

He laid his work clothes on the bed and got into the bathroom. He stripped off his pajamas and entered the shower. He let the cold shower run down his body.

He stared at the reflection of himself in the glass wall.

His startling blue eyes stared back at him, framed by thick dark curls.

He could only remember the basics; his family, where he grew up, university, his first job.

The four months preceding his employment in Monosoft was a complete blank.

Will exhaled.

It was frustrating knowing nothing. The only choice he had was to take the word of those he knew best for it.

He had to rely on others for information he was supposed to know.

He closed his eyes.

Suddenly a loud ringing started in his head. He groaned at the suddenness, holding his hands to his ears.

He gritted his teeth. The pain was grating.

Something moved in the corner of his eyes in the shower—

In fright he jumped, sticking to one end of the shower.

Will looked around him—nobody was there.

'What the heck?'

What was going on?

Goosebumps rose up his arms. He tried regulating his breathing.

Suddenly, he felt a warm breath blow on his cheek.

Will froze, blue eyes wide.

It was beside him.

He knew that someone or something was in the shower with him but he could see no one.