Chapter Fourteen

I couldn't dedicate a chappie to these special people in my last book, so I'll do it here.

These guys were such huge support for my story, FORTIFIED. I really appreciate you guys 🤗❤
nin459 BajoIfeoluwatomi

"Hope." It was Mary. She knocked softly on the door but there was no answer.

"Hope, it's today," Mary said lowly but she knew Hope could hear her.

"It's not your fault," Mary said, sighing, she wanted to say something else but decided against it.

"Everyone's waiting outside, we leave in ten minutes," Mary said instead.

Hope was in Will's room at the cabin, the one he had used while he was with them. It's been two days since they'd stolen his body from them.

{¶{¶{¶{¶{¶}

"I'm sorry Hope, but we've lost him."

Hope's movement ceased, as well as her heart,

"What?"

Had she...heard right?

Hope pushed past Mary and lunged for the door.

"William, William!" Hope pushed past everyone in the room tears blinding her eyes.

She came to where he lay. She held his hand-he was still warm.

"William," she held two fingers to his neck and her heart stuttered when she felt no pulse.

She turned to the nearest person to her,

"Ezra, what's wrong, why can't you bring him back, why is William dead?!" She was getting hysterical so Stephen intervened and calmed her down.

"Take a deep breath E," Stephen soothed. Hope closed her eyes but her lips trembled.

A few seconds passed and she felt calmer. She opened her eyes feeling weak.

"What happened?" Her voice quivered as she asked.

Steven sighed.

Ezra came forward and held a comforting hand to her shoulder.

"The attack came from within him, we've never seen anything like it." Ezra began.

"The strain was too much for him." He finished.

Hope's voice caught.

"This can't be, he can't just die like that!" Hope gasped,

"There must be something we can do, we all know he can't die just yet."

Seth nodded.

"We know, which is why we are going to guard his body."

"His body is seemingly dead but he's still alive. Spiritually he's bound-" At that moment, every one of the cherished eyes was opened to see the great chains that bound him, turning and slithering around his body and they tightened more around him with each second that passed.