Chapter Six

This chapter is dedicated to a special reader who has read all three of my books and has been a huge support and encouragement to me. Thanks, naetocm for all your kind words. I really appreciate you. God bless.🤗 ❤

He stirred opening his eyes. He frowned not being able to make sense of his environment. He lifted his hands up to see and noticed that they were blurry. He wasn't wearing his glasses.

Groaning, he shifted his weight to

his left elbow and was shocked at the blurry mass of a face staring right back at him.

He yelped back in fear.

"Relax, it's me." He felt a soft hand on his arm and it calmed him down immediately.

"Hope?" Will asked surprised, still disoriented.

"What are you doing here?" he asked still confused. The last thing he remembered was being at the park with Berry.

Hope stood up and took an object off his desk—they were in his living room.

"Here." She handed him his glasses.

"What happened?" Will asked wearing them.

Will sat up and closed his eyes in pain, feeling the migraine hitting him again. His head was pulsating and it felt like it would crack open any moment.

Surprised, Will felt Hope hold his hand and an unexplainable warmth filled him.

She looked worried.

"What's going on Will? What happened to you?" she asked.

"I'm fine," he said trying to stand up but failing.

"No, you're not fine. You froze for a long time, almost as though you were having...a flashback." She hesitantly finished.

"Tell me, what's going on." she pleaded.

Will shook his head and managed to stand up. He held the couch for support.

How had she been able to get him home in the first place?

"I can't tell you, because I don't know myself," he said.

He went over to the kitchen and poured himself a glass of water. He took some pills from his cabinet and downed them in one gulp.

He glanced out the window and noticed that it was already dark.

Will's eyes widened.

"How long have I been out? It's so late," he turned to her,

"You didn't need to stay, I would have been fine."

"Clearly you're not," Hope said.

Will sighed setting the glass cup down.

"I need to get you a cab. These parts aren't safe." Will came over to her and wanted to grab her hand but she didn't let him.

"Not until you tell me what's wrong with you," she pressed, then she became quiet seeming to remember something.

She looked at him with an unreadable expression.

"Is it true what you said, this evening, about, liking me?" she asked tentatively.

She played with the cover clothe draped on top of the beautiful couch. She seemed distracted by the stitching.

She chanced a look at him, but he was already staring at her.

The look in his eyes was answer enough.

"Yes," the words came out like a whisper, as though even he was surprised that he'd finally confessed his feelings for her out loud.