CHAPTER XVII: SECURITY AND PLANS

Summer is near. All students are already excited in preparing for their upcoming short vacation.

After the last letter from Lady Beatrice, it was true that Zeke never received any.

There is no malicious report from the spy that he planted to the Marquees' Estate. Lady Beatrice did not even attend any parties like she used to. However, hearing the report, that the evil woman with her maid went to the market wearing commoner's cloth, was indiscernible. And after that event, accordingly, the lady never shopped any expensive dress or accessory, rather, bought advanced books and foods. She also shared some to the people in their mansion.

Further, it came to his ears that the lady was supporting a foster house near at the Grande Forest, whom she personally visiting.

Reading the contents of the report, Zeke was flabbergasted. He can't believe what was happening. Is this a phenomenon for an upcoming disaster?

It was unbelievable to just accept that evil woman will just turn into a saint for just weeks.

In the end, he made a plan...

...A plan in order for him to determine the real intention of the lady.

****-------****

"Marielle, have you prepared everything?", she asked while looking at the books whom she planned to bring on her trip at Sister Mildred's House.

"Yes, My Lady. The kids will love the desserts that we brought for them.", Marielle happily announced.

"We will depart after lunch."

"Yes, My Lady. And also, the Marquees might not be able to join you for lunch. He is still on inspection at the training grounds.

"Is that so?"

"Yes, My Lady."

"By the way, Marielle, have you had anything to report about the young heir?", she asked.

It was near summer already, and it was an opportunity for the students to get back home for a vacation. It was the same also with her brother Ronald. Thinking about it, she was a little nervous, because it will be her first time to personally meet the said brother. Fortunately, she and Ronald were frequent in exchanging letters. She never missed to reply in every letter. She told about her little stroll in the market, and also, the children in the foster house.

She never had close relationship to any opposite sex with same age in her previous life, but Ronald is genuinely sweet and loving brother. In fact, the exchange letters made her more comfortable and feel at ease on him.

"Yes, My Lady. Based on the information that the informant gathered, the young heir of Duke Aland will go for a vacation at the north where his grandmother on his mother's side residing."