CHAPTER XXV: TARZAN AND HIS FAMILY

He slightly flinched with the sudden seriousness displayed by Beatrice, but was still able to maintain his natural emotionless face. He bowed down his head. "I am sorry. I did not intend to complain."

But unknowingly, his face appeared burning.

"Ha ha ha ha. I did not know. You could be this cute, Andrew."

"Cute". By this time, he annoyingly lifted his head, and glared to the lady. "If you have nothing to order, Lady Beatrice. I will have to go now."

She rested her both arms on the window. "Lady Beatrice? From a while ago, you were just calling me, My Lady. And I find it to my taste." She teasingly emphasized the words, "My Lady" using her natural charming smile.

"..."

Looking to the grinning lady, for some reason his slight annoyance towards her, was instantly vanished. He just felt that he was enjoying it too, but he has no idea how to convey that feeling. He ended up languidly appeared with emotionless face again to the lady.

Nevertheless, for the months being with him, she knew that he was not annoyed nor mad at her.

"Anyway, how did you get here? This is way too far from the training ground. Don't tell me the famous Tarzan of the Grande forest is capable of being lost in a place without huge trees and bushes." She can't stop teasing him for some reasons.

"I am not lost. And for the record, I am no Tarzan like in your stories."

Whenever Beatrice visited the foster house, it was part of her daily routine to have story telling with Lily, the twins, and baby Chris. And he, who was always with them, overheard her story telling.

"I just came early, and decided to familiarize myself around."

"Hmm."

With his explanation, Beatrice jumped out from the window. He was flustered with the abrupt deed of the lady. It was improper and unexpected for a noble lady like her.

"You should not do that, Bea. Are you a monke—". He said worriedly, but trailed off. It was rude to continue what he was just about to speak.

But she was fast to grasp what the word he should have slipped by then. "You were just about to ask if am I a monkey, right?" She pouted.

"..."

He involuntary gulped, and averted again his eyes.

With his gestures, she can't help to find him rather charming. "My adopted Big— No, my little brother is cute today."

"He he he. Not that matters."