CHAPTER XXXIX: THE EVIL TURNED AN ANGEL

The pretending days continued for the young duke. He frequently visited the lady as named Rose. It was a funny story to believe at first.

He, who hated and cursed the lady, was liking playing a hide and seek game. His memories of the lady, who was like her first time meeting him, came into flashes.

"It means that we are friends now, right?"

"I will call you, Rose, because you have a beautiful and vibrant red eyes."

"Thank you!" Her hands clasped together. After that, she ran away from him and left the words while waving. "See you again."

The known wicked woman was smiling like a bright innocent lady on that day that you will never see. At first, he did not believe that the lady did not recognize him so he observed first. However, if it really was true that she did not pretending, for insurance, he intended not to talk to her to assure his position. Because, if she would hear his voice, his identity will might be revealed in no time.

But at their second meeting, all his suspicion has been cleared.

"It really is beautiful—"

"..."

She shook her head and hands. "I am sorry. It a slipped of a tongue. Actually, it just that—"

"..."

"It just that your eyes are real beauty."

His eyes widened in disbelief. The mind was loudly berating to him that the lady is suspicious, but he could not deny the appearance of sincerity from her.

"Anyway, maybe, it is because my first love has the same color of your eyes."

He flinched inwardly and immediately turned his head to face the lady, but it was a gentle smile greeted his confusion.

"It was first love, and I guess, also the first broken heart."

"But past is past. I already learned to let go of those feelings, and it was just a one-sided love after all."

The lady, who looked innocently smiling to him, really not recognized him as the young heir of Duke Aland.

****-------****

They played a game, whom the lady offered to him. The lady kept up in confusing him every minute, but he ensured not to be guard off. It was the Lady Beatrice that he was facing on.

Contrary to his expectation, he enjoyed the game. It was a staring game. A game, which he was in control. It was hilarious. The young duke of Aland really enjoyed and tormenting by flicking the forehead of the lady, who annoyed and scourged his mentality. It was well-thought punishment of the game for him.

Even so, he still felt guilt seeing the tomato bump on her forehead. It was also resulted from his goal of unfolding her wickedness, but the latter only innocently pouted and act like a lady, who was beaten up in a petty game.