CHAPTER XXIII: THE MYSTERIOUS MAN

The thought of the male lead flashed in her mind instantly. She felt that her blood went out from her body. Her heart beats tremendously. She looked pale. But until that moment, she noticed that the man wearing a long hair... long light brown hair with a half black face mask on. It was...

It was rather like a ninja in her previous life.

The strange man put her down immediately. It was rather ungentle to her own perspective. Even so, she couldn't take her eyes at the man's red bloody eyes. It was her first time to personally see red eyes. Eye to eye.

After all, it was all from her imagination and memories of real Beatrice with the male lead. But this guy has light brown thread hair, the male lead has black ebony hair.

Mesmerized with the sudden beauty of the red crimson eyes, her heart still vibrating inside her chest. She was attracted to it. It was like a rare gem. A very beautiful gem.

Sshh. A sudden wind blew from them. The long brown thread of the man fluttered with it, and the sun rays touched it that it made the hair sparkled.

Looking at his hair, she snapped from her wander. And said to herself, "Thank goodness, he is not the male lead."

She remembered that it would be impossible. The report stated by the informant that the male lead visited the north, and there was no change or new update given to her.

The man scrutinized her head to toes. He suddenly averted his gaze, and turned his back on her to walk away.

"Wait!" She called, but the man still continued to walk away from her.

"I said, wait." She pleaded. She ran and intentionally, passed him so she can have him face to face.

Now, they are facing each other. The man again averted his gaze from her. She was confused with the weird gesture of him. It was like he was avoiding her.

Then, she noticed that the man was blushing beneath its facemask. His ears were red. "Why is he blushing for?"

She examined her upper body. Her clothes were fine until she looked at her skirt. It was still tied up beyond her knee. She flustered. "Ah!"

She immediately crouched to the ground, and loosened the knot that she made a while ago. If it was in her previous life, it will not matter, but in this era, simple naked knee can be an act of seduction. But in her situation, it was clear that she did not mean to seduce him, but it still was an inappropriate appearance of a noble lady like her.

When she calmed down, she immediately stood up. Even with red cheeks, she acted as if nothing happened.

"Ehem!" She cleared her throat. "Uhm. Who are you?"