CHAPTER XXX: BROTHER'S DILEMMA PART 1

"..."

"Young master?"

"Ah---..."

Ronald hesitated to speak and clenched both his fist.

The maid noticed that the young master was fidgeting on something. What could it be? I heard that the young master holed himself inside his room all day. He did not even attend his swordmanship training, whom he never missed since he came back in the mansion. Further, Sir Nico acting strangely these past few weeks, he deliberately looked for the famous trends for women in the capital. Hhmm?

While looking at the young master, she could see that it was somehow embarrassed. Then, an idea popped out in her mind.

Lady's birthday!

Marielle cleared her throat and initiated to break the awkward atmosphere. "Young Master, actually, these past few weeks, I found Lady Beatrice was so keen on her schedules."

"Schedules?"

"Yes, Young Master. She has always had to go back and forth just to check the time from the big clock in order to follow her daily set schedules. If only there is a small clock that she could bring with her, it will be ease the lady's work more." She deliberately said, and even clasped her both hands while speaking.

"Hmm...clock", he mumbled while thinking. Then, a smile starting to surface on the young master face. It was a man who just found his salvation.

"Nevertheless, young master, what do you need from me?" She innocently asked.

Ronald snapped from his deep thinking. "Ah, ahmm. I would just like to ask what—"

The maid tilted her head while waiting for his young master's to finish his response.

His eyes went to the cart with cups and plates. "What... what Lil' Sis' favorite snacks? Yes, that's it. Snacks?"

"The Lady loves anything sweets, but nowadays, she was captivated by blueberry cheesecakes, Young master."

"Ah Blueberry cheese cakes? Okay. Anyway, thank you Marielle." Ronald turned his back and left humming.

The maid smiled while looking from behind. She could not help herself to admire her lady so much for having a very sweet and loving brother, and to add it more her doting father.

****-------****

The room was filled of crumpled paper. Ronald stood up and walked back and forth with his right hand on his chin. He has been in his room all day, and even suggested to suspend his swordmanship training for a week.