CHAPTER XX: THE INNER CHILD

"AAAAHHHH"

Caville, Marielle and Andrew were all startled hearing the voice from the deep woods. It was Beatrice. All of them stood up and hurried were the sounds coming from.

Unfortunately, the voice echoed in the entire forest that made it difficult to locate. Andrew hurriedly ran where he thought the voice coming from. He was very familiar of the forest. His undeveloped body made him quick in jumping logs and rushed between trees. Caville and Marielle were left behind.

"Ms. Marielle go back in the river. Let us Andrew look for them." Caville sternly ordered the maid.

Marielle realized that she slowing down the man so she decided to stay. She clasped her both hands and prayed, "Please let my Lady be safe.".

****-------****

It was a huge python. Yellow and green scales with frightening eyes. Hiss hisss

"Help!"  Beatrice shouted while swinging out the long fire wood against the snake. Mike was behind her, wrapped his arms to her.

Hiss hhiss.

"Don't you dare come here or I'll hit you to death." She said trying to threaten the dangerous long reptile. She was holding hope that it will understand her words.

"Just stay behind, Mike. Sister will get you safe."

Mike, who is teary eyed, held her dress tightly. 

As they slowly retreating, Mike got off balance that the two of them both fell to the ground. The huge python found it as an opportunity and attacked.

Beatrice saw it. Unconsciously, she closed her eyes and turned to Mike who was behind her, and gave a tightly hug in order to protect him.

Bam. Thak.

Expecting an attack from the huge snake, Beatrice slowly opened her eyes and loosened her hug from the little boy when there was no pain at all. It came to her view was a crushed snake's head by a big stone. Though, its body and tail were still wagging and 'til it stopped moving.

It was dead.

"Brother!"

Mike ran towards him as soon as he saw his brother Andrew. He hugged him. Andrew patted the head of the little boy.

"It is okay now." He said calmly to console the little boy.