CHAPTER XVIII: LANKY BOY

"They would like to purchase some seeds. The farm sells cheaper price than from the market."

"But you don't have to find cheaper price—"

"Lady Beatrice, your help and assistance from Croix Family are blessings to us. We wanted to cherish and to use it properly."

"Hmm, Okay, then, there is nothing for me to interfere." She smiled.

Sometimes Sister Mildred asked herself if she was truly talking to an eleven-year old girl. She just acknowledged the high intelligence of Lady Beatrice. She, then, purposely changed the topic by going back from their first conversation.

"I am happy of your frequent visitation but we wouldn't want to burden your busy schedules. You'll need time to prepare for your upcoming schooling."

"It was nothing. I enjoy being here, and after all, I have no other kids, same age to be with. Being with them, it was nice and good feeling."

Sister Mildred was curious in the response of the lady. The lady sounded that she had no friends. It was a sad remark for her because Lady Beatrice is kind and a very beautiful girl who deserves love more than anyone. She further thought that anyone would love to be her friend if they got to know her, especially, she is not just a girl from a lower rank noble.

She was a former servant from a noble. Thus, she knew the importance of at least attending tea parties to widen your connections. She just thought that the lady is still very young so she has no interest with it, but there is no harm to give encouragement especially if it will benefit her lady in the future.

"Haven't you tried to attend tea parties, Lady Beatrice? It was a good environment to find girl friends with same age as yours.", encouraged by Sister Mildred.

"That would be nice, Sister Mildred, but the real Beatrice has no good reputation due to her obsession to the young heir of Duke Aland. Unfortunately for me, it was known throughout the noble society. And if she had a girlfriend with that wicked attitude, it might be a fox, who pretends to be one, craving for influence because it is still a fact that she is the only daughter of Marquees Croix." She thought but had no intention to voice it up. She was thankful that the real Beatrice's reputation did not reach here, and she was able to start freely.

"I don't like parties." She said childishly. It was an excuse, but half meant true. After all, she was not fond of the crowd. And the truth that she might also encounter people whom she doesn't remember. The memories of the real Beatrice were very hazy and unclear, especially to those she regarded insignificantly. Moreover, she has no idea nor knows how to act as the real Beatrice in social gatherings. She never had a chance to read completely the book. She only holding up with the summary and the marketing ads of the novel.

From the cover and marketing ads, she only needed to avoid a person with black jet hair with crimson eyes, the male lead, and straight blonde hair with emerald eyes, the heroine of the story.

Then, the door opened. Lily and Andrew came in with small sacks.