CHAPTER III : THE LETTER OF DISTURB

"Lady Beatrice?"

"..."

As Roanne opened her eyes, she instantly arose and looked around her surrounding reflexively until the view of the trembling maid beside her appeared. The man is nowhere to be found and the darkness filled the entire place a while ago was now flattered with the yellow sunlight peeking from the window. Sigh. She turned her gazed back straight; she touched her forehead. "What a scary dream. Just what the hell. I have been transmigrated in this novel, but that man who murdered me that night doesn't even know how to stop tormenting her."

"La— Lady Beatrice?", Marielle replied with frightened look.

Hearing the call of Mariella at her side, she lifted her head and looked again to the fluttered maid.

"What are you doing here? Uh—", as she stopped. Without looking in the mirror, she can feel the sweats all over her forehead and neck. "Before answering, can you please bring me a towel?", with an order tone, but keeping the act that she is Lady Beatrice.

"Yes, yes, right away, My Lady.", quickly answered by Marielle. Then, she rushed to get a towel.

Now that she is well aware of her real surroundings, a delicious scent reached by her nose. A set of tea cups and sweet colored macarons is well prepared on the table. "How long did I sleep?Judging by the yellow light, I guess it is already between 3:00 and 4:00 in the afternoon. It is time for snacks."

Then, Marielle returned with a towel at her hand.

"Here is the towel, My Lady. Let me wipe your face—"

She shook her head and immediately replied, "I can manage myself. Give it to me.". Then, she stretched her hand to Marielle putting an indication that to give the towel.

".. ah but—"

"Don't make me repeat myself." Marielle then handed the towel to her Lady.

Using the towel, Roanne started to gently wipe her face and neck full of sweats, and returned it back as she finished. Marielle took it then.

Being reminded of the reason why Marielle went to the Lady's room, she said "My Lady, I brought you your dessert for this afternoon."

"Yes, I have noticed it on the table. Thank you."

"She thanked me again.", Marielle said to herself slightly bewilderedly as she already experienced it since this morning, and hearing it again, she saw a glimpse of hope that as this strange event continues, maybe, just maybe her relationship as personal maid to her lady will go better.

Roanne stood up from the bed and approached the table filled with sweet colored macarons. Marielle followed and started pouring the cup of hot tea and gently put it on near the lady.

"My Lady, were you really sure that you don't want to call the physician? It would be good to be sure about your health, and the Marquess and your brother might get worried if it became worst"

"Wait. Did you inform anyone?"

"No, My Lady, I have spilled no one, and the Marquess and your brother are not aware of your schedules as they were busy at this time."

"Good." Busy? As I have not yet read the novel, I have no idea about the relation of Beatrice to her family. I think I should gather information first, but how should I do it without getting caught of suspicion that I am not the real Beatrice. "Marielle, the dinner..." she stopped as she thinking how should the right approached for her to get information without facing problem.