CHAPTER VIII: BREAKFAST WITH MY FATHER

This is actually her first time to visit the dining room, after all, she never able to do it because of mulling over herself in preparing the letter for the male lead, and Marielle was there to send food and drinks for her

As they walked in the corridor, Roanne was full of amazement looking at the interior designs of the Marquess Palace. The floor is made of white marble, and the white walls with huge paintings hanged on it. She doesn't know much about paintings, but glancing on all of it, she knew that they were made by great painters in the kingdom.

Everything is enough proof for her to believe that she was not in a dream, and her transmigration in the romance novel was all genuinely true.

Letting her eyes explored in every corner, upon reaching, a huge door came to her sight. It seemed that they have already made to their destination. The servants standing outside opened the door for their entrance.

It is a very wide white room with a long mahogany table at the center with expensively sculptured chairs. The table has tracery and other old gothic motifs that befitting for wealthy nobles like the Marquess Croix. The greenery view from the large windows gave off a fresh and light ambiance in the room.

With further careful examination of the room, she glanced at the table that is filled with delicious and warm foods. Her eyes sparkled the moment it noticed the different colored desserts. Her spirit level beamed highly.

Looking around, she noticed that the Marquess has not yet appeared. As she approached towards the table, one of the servants on standby pulled the chair, and politely guide her to sit down. She didn't care much to the shuddered hands of the servant who served her as it was not her first time that she encountered a trembling maid. Her first meeting with Marielle flashed in her mind, who is presently busy talking to another servant like her. In her view, Marielle seems giving instructions. After the conversation of the two servants, her maid came back and stood behind her.

Viewing the table full of delicacies that now, inches away from her body, it is hard for her not to drool, but she still surely made herself on check. The anxious feelings vibrating in her veins on the thought of meeting the Marquess a while ago, because of fear that the latter might recognize her as an impostor, all vanished instantly because of the great feast in front of her, and silently, wishes for his immediate arrival.

"Good morning, My Beatrice.", then, a deep man's voice from behind greeted that made her flinched and she slowly turned her head to the owner of the voice. "I think I should try to learn addressing myself as Beatrice now. I need to get used to it."

She happily greeted back, "Good morning, Father."

The Marquess seated at the head of the table. The man appeared to be at his thirties. She can describe him with a cool-handsome-uncle vibe like the books that she used to read in her previous life. There is no doubt that the extreme beauty and dolly appearance of Lady Beatrice was truly inherited from this man, the white skin, silvery hair and dark blue-eyes.

She started to wonder what would the marchioness look like then. She surmised that she might be so beautiful too. Unfortunately, from the few memories, she learned that the former died because of weak heart condition, and despondently, most pictures in Beatrice's mind were blurry. As she still has yet to explore the mansion, she hasn't seen any portrait of the mother, but it seemed that from the fuzzy images the marchioness had its curly long vibrant red hair with stunningly emerald eyes. The hazy memories might be because it was a very painful and agonizing event for a very young girl.