CHAPTER XXII: STRANGE GUY

Andrew noticed the strange stare of Beatrice's Brother on him. He thought to himself.

"What a protective brother she has?"

He is not dumb. He knew what was that stare all about. He also felt that towards Lily and Miles with other boys surround them. The Brother is wary of him. "There is nothing for him to be wary. I have no ill will toward his beautiful sister."

"Beautiful." His subconscious repeated the word in his mind, he unintentionally averted his gaze from the brother. He looked at Beatrice who was smiling beside her brother. "When did I thought, she's beautiful?" He was slightly flushed with his thoughts.

In contrary, Ronald noticed the sweet gazed of Andrew at her sister. It was different from how Andrew looked at him or the other children. His brotherly protective instinct activated.

"Brother. While they were busy with your gifts, would you like me to tour you?"

"Ahh yes." His mind, who was wandering off, snapped when he heard her sister spoke. "I would love to."

****-------****

Beatrice guided his brother to every places of the Foster House. It was properly renovated under her recommendations. The small library, the bedrooms, the kitchen, and the backyard, she never forgot to tell it in details. Finally, they arrived their last destination, the small garden at the side of the house.

"Sister Mildred together with the children took care of this. The herbs and vegetables harvested here were bought and used in our mansion. When I had a lot of free time, I joined in taking care of this garden. Sister Mildred taught me a lot about gardening."

"You too?"

"Yes!", proudly answered by her with bright smile.

He thought of how his sister considerably changed. In their exchanging of letters, it was kind of hard to believe the stories of his sister. But seeing it now, it was really a big turn of 180 degrees. Nonetheless, whatever his sister would do, he will always be there for her.

"By the way, Lil' Sis. What about that Andrew guy?"

"Andrew guy? Call him properly in his name, Brother. Call him Andrew."

"I am sorry. Yes. That Andrew."

"Hmm What about him?"

"hmm... uhm Isn't you two both in the same age? Does he act strangely towards you?"