CHAPTER XVI: Father's Love

Beatrice placed the fork and spoon diagonally on the plate indicating that she's done with her dinner.

"Have you enjoyed your stroll today?", asked by the Marquees who was also done eating.

"Yes, father. I am very much.", she answered wearing an elegant smile. "I have seen things that I haven't even know of, Father. With Marielle, I really enjoyed this day. I also bought cuffs for you father.", she added.

"Is that so?" It was seen on the Marquees' face that he was surprised.

Right after that, Marielle walked towards and handed to Beatrice a blue small box.

"Yes, Father. When I saw these cuffs, you and brother came to my mind." Beatrice happily handed to the Marquees the small box.

The Marquees opened the small box. Silver cuffs with carved rose. It was like the blue rose in the crest of the Croix, the blue rose with silver wolf.

"Thank you, My Beatrice.", happily said and accepted by the Marquees. He added, "I supposed there is also for your brother?"

"Yes, Father. I will be sending it to Brother tomorrow."

"Your brother will be pleased."

"I am glad to hear that."

"Also, I have heard that you bought foods for the servants.", the Marquees said while gently wiping his lips.

Flinched. "Ah.... Yes, Father. I just really enjoyed the day, and wanted to share my happiness through sharing foods to them. Did I... perhaps do something that I shouldn't?"

Now, that she possessed this body, she thought that she should also make her status in light. But she did not intend to use food bribery, she was in good faith in sharing the foods to them. It appeared that she overlooked her acts that might be too much from the real Beatrice's way.

The Marquees smiled and said, "No, it was very kind of you, My Beatrice."

She beamed hearing the response of the Marquees. "Thank God" She sighed inwardly.

"Thank you, father." After thanking his father, she reached its hand, and continued. "Father."

The Marquees stopped and leaned straight to his chair. "Yes, My Beatrice?"

"You do love me right, your daughter?" "I will start with this." In her memories, real Beatrice tends to use her charm with his father and brother when asking something exorbitantly.

The Marquees chuckled a little, and gave a lovingly smiled. "What's with that question? Of course, I am. You are my beloved daughter. I love you with all my heart.", he said.