CHAPTER XXXII: The Young Duke

SLAP!

"Have I not clearly said to you that failure is not an excuse, Zeke?" Duke said furiously to his son.

"It will never happen again, Father." He coldly answered, ignoring the pain. It was like he was made for it.

"Our territory is the center of business, and you, the son of the Aland Family, was only just a second in Business and Economic to a son of a count!? Count?! And you as my son. The Duke's son." Duke shouted, scolded him.

"I am sorry, Father." He apologized with no emotion to be seen.

The Aland Estate is known to its prosperous and wealth in the entire kingdom. In the high society, they became the second richest family from the ranking. Most agricultural and industrial products were made and formed at their jurisdiction because of its fertile lands. And due to that, many merchant guilds were established in the premises. It was the best trading place for businessmen; hence, it was named as the heart of business.

"Bear this in your mind, Zeke. The Duke of Aland's pride and reputation is more significant than you. You are the future head of this family. I am expecting so much from you rather than this."

"Yes, father." He immediately agreed like an auto-machine.

Heavy Sigh. "Get out of my sight now!" The Duke said and shoved away his son out of the room.

Zeke bowed and calmly said his farewell. "Thank you, Father."

As soon as Zeke got out from the room, the butler followed him. The butler ordered the servants behind to ready a cold water and towel. They both headed to his room.

Even when the duchess was still alive, Duke Aland was known as very strict and coldhearted father to his son. The Duke is famous in prioritizing the business and the territory than to his own family. No one can sway him to his business beliefs and determination. As a matter of fact, the marriage of the duchess and the duke was purely made from political and business relations.

Connection, influence and collaboration.

Because of the strict education set by his father, only his mother warm and love completed the daily life of the child, Zeke. That is why, it was shocking and traumatizing event for a child to lose his mother due to an unknown illness. It was like the rainbow, that shine after the rain, totally melted and gone in the sky.

After her mother's death, Francis Jon Dellaine, the Butler, was the one whom he truly can rely on. The butler's existence was one of the biggest influencers of who is he today.

The kindness and love that his mother taught of him, when she's alive, did not disappear or fade, but was nourished with guidance of Sir Francis.

"Master. Let's put some first aid on your face." The Butler handed out the cold towel to him.