CHAPTER XII: BOREDOM

Looking at Lady Beatrice with fresh and happy smile on her face, Marielle thought that an angel really came down from heaven.

"Marielle, let's open the box now.", she enthusiastically ordered.

Marielle picked up the scissor which was also on the cart, and started to cut the ribbon. When the ribbon has been cut, Beatrice voluntarily opened the box. When the books came into view, her spirit fervently beamed. There are soft bounded books with different sizes. The books are about history, accounting, management, military, and general mathematics.

Before the books enticed her more, she first had to send a letter of gratitude to her generous brother. She sat down again on her chair and started to write the letter for her brother. While writing, Marielle placed the books on her table.

****-------****

Days had passed, and being emerged with all the books from the library that Beatrice happily savored while staying in the estate, she stopped and turned her gazed at the window. It has been almost a month since her transmigration, and she already finished all the books that she had to learn. Boredom is starting to knock on her mind and body.

Marielle, who noticed the lady's deep thinking, tried to break the silence by calling her. "My Lady."

With the sudden called, Beatrice looked at her maid. "What is it, Marielle?", she languidly asked.

"It has been almost a month since you just read books and stayed here in the library."

"Yes. It's just that I wanted to prepare myself from my upcoming schooling next year.", she answered while returning back her gazed at the book that she was reading.

"I can see that, My Lady, but if you would not find it disturbing. I would like to ask that...", Marielle said while fidgeting.

"Yes?"

"I would like to just ask if you would like to go outside?"

"outside?", Beatrice lifted her head with her maid's question.

"You have not attending any parties like you used to so why not—"

Beatrice shut the book, and immediately answered, "I don't like parties."

"My Lady?", Marielle was slightly shocked by her lady's abrupt response. "Wasn't the lady love parties?"

When Beatrice saw the reaction of her maid, she rushed to rephrase her words. "What I mean is, I am starting to get bored in parties. I just want to experience something new." The truth is that she just has no fond of parties, and she is not good at sweet and praise talking like a real noble.