CHAPTER XXVII: UNFORESEEN

"Your Highness!" hurriedly called by his servant, Gaston, after seeing his arrival. "We've been looking for you for so long. Please don't go out without our knowledge where would you be and without any knight."

"....blah blah blah"

It was a scolding time. His servant, Gaston, never stopped berating him while walking in the corridor going to the Edmoria palace, the crown prince's palace.

Gaston is already in his thirties going to forty. It was the one who served him since he was just a little kid, so it was not surprising that they were closed to each other to be able to scold him.

For him, Gaston was not just a mere servant. Through the years, it became like his true father than the king himself, who was always too busy. If there is a chance that they would meet in the castle, those days were picked like looking for a one needle in a haystack.

"I practice my hunting skills at the Grande Forest." He replied while still walking.

"You know that outside is not a safe place for you the crown prin— You are soaked, Your Highness." Gaston noticed and immediately turned to the maids behind them.

"All of you. Ready a warm bath of Your Highness."

The maids bowed and immediately walked away from them. Gaston continued his sermon on him while on their walks.

"Your Highness, you should learn to properly care yourself. If anything happens to you, the King will— "

"Gaston. Please gather information about the daughter of Marquees Croix." He said interrupting the anxious servant.

"Your Highness. Don't change the topic. You should— "

He stopped walking, and turned to face his servant following him behind. He put his hand on its both shoulder. "I am counting on you. Look any information about her."

"Your Highness. Please learn to listen to what— "

"Okay. Then, I'll be heading to my bath. I am going to wait for your prompt report, Gaston." He said with a smile and ran immediately.

"Your Highness!!!"

Beatrice Delavine Croix. His eyes glimmered when the image of the lady popped out in his thought.

****-------****

Beatrice was walking in the deep forest of their estate. It was the day that she and Rose agreed to meet again. As her promise, she brought with her a basket full of snacks and sandwiches. It was engraved in her mind that all secret guards (or what she thought from her favorite anime, called "anbu" or "assassins") had a horrible past. She thought that only a person, who experienced of love ones being killed, has a courage to kill too without any mercy. It was a cliché.