Chapter 65

Bonnie's cheeks flushed and heart raced as she stood. George wanted to speak to her!? He had only just been released from his Love Potion trance and he was asking for her? She hoped this was a good sign.
With her legs shaking slightly, Bonnie walked quietly toward Molly Weasley, feeling the eyes of her friends on her back. The round, older woman had a kind smile on her face but her eyes gave away her questions. Nobody outside her friendship group knew about George and her, so Molly would be wondering why Bonnie was the first thing on his mind.

Molly held the door open for Bonnie and the nervous girl stepped into the large room. Bonnie glanced around the space and saw a crowd of red haired people standing around a bed chatting excitedly.

Snape was bustling back out the door, nose in the air as Molly called out.
"Ok you lot, come this way for a moment!"

Bonnie turned to look at the woman.
"Oh, not you dear. Just thought I'd give you and George some space." She smiled and gave Bonnie a pat on the shoulder.
Bonnie smiled at her gratefully as Arthur, Ginny, Fred, Ron and Bill, came to Molly's call.

Fred leaned toward her.
"He's a little dopey, but you're the first one he asked for. He's back Bon!" He grinned excitedly at her before trotting happily over to his family who were now chatting with Madam Pomfrey.

Taking a deep breath, Bonnie told her legs to move. She wasn't sure why she was so nervous, this was only George. The boy she had missed so much over the last few weeks. Finally he would look her in the eye and actually be there.

George had his eyes closed as she approached his bedside. He looked peaceful and content, his red hair tousled and face smooth and handsome as always. Bonnie took a moment to survey him, remembering the last time she had seen him in one of these beds, burnt badly and in extreme pain. Could this guy ever catch a break?

"Are you going to say something? Or just admire my devilishly handsome looks, like a creep?"
The corners of his mouth twitched into a smile, but he didn't open his eyes.

Bonnie jumped slightly at his voice as her cheeks burned red with embarrassment.
"I'm happy being a creep, thanks." She joked.

Bonnie sat down gingerly on the edge of his bed, George still had his eyes closed. She reached out and traced a finger down the back of his warm hand, marvelling at his smooth, freckled skin and the large veins that slightly protruded, she had always found his hands so attractive for some reason. She was full of electricity at being able to touch him again.
George flipped his hand over and caught Bonnie's hand in his own. He pulled her roughly but also gently so she landed on his chest. She giggled and put her hands on his chest to raise her head to look at his face.
His eyes were now open and his perfect hazel eyes gazed at her sleepily as he smiled down at her. He wrapped his arms around her torso and held her tightly as she lay her head back down on his chest, listening to the steady rhythm of his heart.

"I missed you Bon." He whispered.

Bonnie smiled into his chest.
"I missed you too Georgie. So much." She whispered back.

They lay like this for a moment, breathing in each other and being perfectly content in the presence of the person they were with.

"I'm so sorry, Bonnie." George said suddenly.

Bonnie lifted her head and looked at him quizzically.
"Sorry for what, George? You haven't done anything wrong."

"Such an idiot to be trapped with something like a Love Potion."

Bonnie frowned at him.
"It could happen to anyone so easily, you goose. Once it's in your system, that's it. You don't know it's there and your brain literally tells you, you love this person. There's no escaping it. If anything I should be the sorry one, for not getting you back quickly enough."

"You got me back and that's all that matters. It's really difficult to explain... but in my head, way at the back of my mind, I knew I didn't love Emma. I sometimes found myself wondering why I'm always with her, until I saw her or thought about her and then my mind snapped straight back to... well, being 'in love' with her." George sighed.
"Then whenever I'd see Fred or my friends, I felt this unexplainable feeling in my chest. Like I was trying to remember something, like I was missing something. Especially when I saw you.
But Emma had told me you were all bad people that wanted to hurt me and didn't care for me. So that's what I believed. It hurts me to know I believed that."

"It wasn't really you who believed that though George. It was the Potion and Emma manipulating you." Bonnie reached up to tuck his hair away from his eyes.

"I just don't get why she did this. I hardly even knew she existed before all this happened. Why me?"

Bonnie smiled kindly at him.
"I can't speak for Emma, I think she did this for purely selfish reasons. You're one of the coolest guys at this school, popular, funny, daring, adventurous, brave, not to mention extremely handsome."
George was blushing.
"She wanted to be the girl that got that guy, by any means possible. She's just a bad person who chose to take a short cut rather than see if you liked her back. Who knows, you may have fallen for her naturally."

George shook his head.
"Never would have fallen for her."

"You don't know that." Bonnie giggled, teasing him.
Or was it too soon to be joking about the matter? She wasn't sure.

George reached up and cupped her cheek gently.
"I don't think I'm the kind of guy to fall for two people at the same time." He whispered.

"Wait... Two people? But who would you- ... ohh." The realisation dawned on her of who he was talking about.

"I remember our conversation that day in the Divination classroom. It's fuzzy, but I remember what you said."

"You do...?" Bonnie breathed.

"I love you too."