Chapter 46

Angelina, Lee and Hermione arrived about an hour after Bonnie did, all by Floo Powder. It didn't take long for it to feel as though no time had passed at all for the friends, who were all back to chatting and teasing each other as usual.

At midday, Molly had finished cooking the extraordinary meal she had refused any help with - no matter how much Bonnie and Hermione asked.
The plates and platters of delicious food glided through the air to spread out over the table where hands immediately began scooping it onto their plates.

Bonnie was in awe at the feast before her, she felt like she was back at Hogwarts with roast turkey, duck and beef as well as many types of roasted vegetables. There was even sausages and a whole cooked fish alongside different gravies and sauces.
As soon as Molly joined them Bonnie dug in, helping herself to roast beef and veggies and drenching it in thick gravy.

Once content, Molly magicked away the leftovers and a decedent chocolate cake appeared in the middle of the table. Bonnie was absolutely stuffed but the cake truely looked mouthwatering, she couldn't say no.

George served her a huge piece with a grin.
"You're going to need to line your stomach for tonight, trust me." He whispered with a wink.

Bonnie laughed. Of course he and Fred had snuck alcohol into their family home. It would have been out of the ordinary for her to think they wouldn't.

Night was starting to fall by the time everyone had finished eating and laid on the couches and floor, rubbing their stomachs at how full they were.

Fred was the first to rise.
"Alright troops, go freshen up and grab your coats. Meet back down here in 20 minutes." He ordered as he marched up the stairs.
The group collectively groaned but stood anyway, heaving their over stuffed bodies up the stairs.

"What on earth has he got planned?" Hermione asked the girls as they piled into Ginny's room to change.

"Oh I can't wait for you guys to see it! We worked really hard!" Ginny grinned as she opened her dresser and sifted through to find some jeans.

Hermione, Angelina and Bonnie looked at each other, but shrugged and began pulling clothes out of the bags they had packed.
Bonnie sat down on the small stretcher bed in the corner that she was to sleep on, next to the two others laid out for the other girls.
She admired Ginny's room. It was small but so comfortable, with posters of her favourite quidditch team - the Hollie Head Harpies and little trinkets spread through the room.

Bonnie tidied her hair and quickly put on a little bit of eye make up. She then pulled on a pair of black jeans, and a pretty blue off the shoulder top, that dipped low at the front. She grabbed a thick black coat and put on her black Doc Martin's over a fluffy pair of socks.

Once the other girls were ready they headed back down the stairs to see the boys on the couches.
"Ready?" Said Fred.

Molly bustled into the living room before they could move.
"Now, I realise you're all teenagers and you want to have fun. But I do not want any mischief. Your father and I will be up in our bedroom if you need us. But I expect you to be well behaved. Understood?" She said sternly, hands on her hips.

The group nodded collectively.
"We would never give you mischief mum!" Said Fred, giving Molly a pat on the shoulder.
The older woman scoffed at him and made her way back to the kitchen.

"I don't understand Fred. Where are we going? I thought we were staying here?" Hermione questioned.

"Follow me." He motioned with his hand and the group trailed behind him.

They went out the back door, into the biting cold. They shivered as they trudged over packed down snow where little tufts of grass were just peeking through. Bonnie could only assume this was a lovely garden in the spring time.
They walked over a small hill. The house was now just out of view behind them, and in front of them stood a large wooden barn. The snow had been cleared in a path toward the door.

Fred opened it and ushered everyone inside. The chill of the outside was forgotten once they stepped into the warmth of the barn. It was open but cosy at the same time. There was a fire blazing at one end in a large fireplace and the air smelled of wood and sweet hay.
Twinkling lights were draped down from the roof and hay bales covered in blankets were to be used as seats. In the middle of the floor there was a large table with plastic cups and multiple bottles of firewhiskey. To the side of the table was an ice bucket with beers chilling inside.

"Oh my gosh, this is wicked." Lee said as he looked around.

Bonnie and Hermione nodded with their mouths open.
"You boys really have been busy haven't you!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Hey and me!" Ginny spoke up.

Fred laughed and tussled her hair.
"Yes and you Ginny. The hardest worker of all."

Everyone quickly began chatting and wandered over to the table with the booze.

George appeared at Bonnie's side holding out a bottle.
"Beer?" He asked.

Bonnie smiled as she took the beer and popped the top. She held up the bottle above her head and shouted,
"Cheers to you lot!"

A chorus of "Cheers!" And "Happy New Year!" Rang through the barn as everyone clinked their bottles or cups together, laughing.

Fred waved his wand and an upbeat song started playing from a source Bonnie couldn't locate.

Angelina whooped and chugged half her beer in one go. She wiped her mouth with her sleeve and looked Bonnie dead in the eye.
"Your turn." She said, gesturing at her hardly touched beer.

Everyone's eyes turned to Bonnie, giving her shouts of encouragement. This made her laugh. She wasn't new to drinking, she had been to her fair share of muggle parties when she would return home for Christmas break. She didn't particularly enjoy them, that's why she was no stranger to alcohol, it's the only thing that kept her sane throughout them.

Bonnie raised her bottle to her lips, giving innocent eyes to the onlookers before throwing her head back and downing the entire beer in less than 10 seconds.

Everyone in the room gaped at her before erupting into cheers as most of them followed suit.

"Didn't know you could do that Peers. I'm impressed." George smirked.